ProClinical is working with a clinical-stage vaccine company to recruit an Information Systems Engineer to be based in Maryland, USA. It is a fast-paced company that provides employees with opportunities to achieve personal and professional goals while also maintaining a balance between work and personal life.
This Information Systems Engineer position will support and maintain laboratory systems, along with other systems and technologies for R&D, Clinical and Operations groups. Systems/technologies include OpenLab, SoftMax, LIMS, computerized Lab equipment, and other existing and upcoming lab and non-lab systems.
- Developing and implementing processes to ensure high availability of all systems and taking immediate control of production problems and driving them to resolution.
- Retrieving, updating and closing out the escalated IS Help Desk tickets with clearly documented resolutions with proper instructions if needed.
- Documenting Systems support, processes and procedures including backup and recovery.
- Following change control process throughout system life cycle.
- Interacting with client on a regular basis to understand and fulfill their needs and provide end user training on technical solutions.
- Coordinating, documenting and participating in key process improvements and provide and implement solutions by coordinating with IT, business and other impacted groups.
- Troubleshooting system/technology problems, taking appropriate corrective action and/or interacting with IT staff or vendors in performing testing, support, and troubleshooting functions.
- Traveling to other sites when required.
- Performing other IS/Technical duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science or equivalent qualification level, preferably in Biological or Chemical Science or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Certified training in IT/IS-related field or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of experience working with Open Lab, SoftMax, LIMS, SharePoint etc. in Information Systems role.
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be experienced in Change control (ITCM) process for all system life cycle stages. ITIL, COBIT or other IT model experience is required. GxP experience is highly preferred
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Hermann Baer on + 41 78 679 7787 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.