Senior Medical Science Liaision
ProClincial is working with a biopharmaceutical company focused on serving patients with severe and ultra-rare disorders through the innovation, development and commercialization of life-transforming therapeutic products. This client is seeking a Senior Medical Science Liaison to be based in Brussels on a permanent basis.
The Senior Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based (80% field-based, 20% Office-based) scientific expert that strategically supports the medical and scientific objectives of the company's scientific platform and product/s across the product/s life cycle. He/she is a peer scientific expert who communicates accurate and applicable scientific and medical information to Healthcare Practitioners (HCPs) in BeNeLux. In addition, the Senior MSL manages and maintains collegial and professional relationships with HCPs and identifies and facilitates collaboration opportunities with the company.
- Develop and maintain peer-to-peer collaborations and relationships with key medical experts in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Support Medical Advisor/Medical Affairs Manager in Collaborating with physicians and in driving medical affairs initiatives/projects aligned to medical strategy including publications, investigator sponsored research (ISR), advisory boards, medical education opportunities, training and speaker development programs.
- Key Opinion Leader & centres of excellence management, strategic engagement and development, through cross-functional collaboration with Medical Affairs Team, Sales & Marketing, & Clinical Operations functional groups.
- Serve as scientific peer-to-peer resource to disease experts in applicable therapeutic area. Support and provide the medical community with up-to-date medical information, robust disease expertise and product information.
- Communicate expert opinions and feedback from the field on new data to company Medical Affairs and therapeutic area franchises.
- Provide medical and scientific input into the planning, execution and agenda content of advisory boards and work with physician experts to review speaker presentations and provide medical references where requested. Provide post meeting analysis and implementation of actions aligned to strategic objectives.
- Collaborate with ProPharma/Global MedInfo, when needed, in order to manage and respond to unsolicited medical information requests in order to ensure that appropriate response has been provided and that data is fair and balanced.
- Review and assessment of Investigator Sponsored Research (ISR) and medical grant proposals to determine alignment and serve as conduit for respective projects. Liaise with Health Care Professionals (HCPs) regarding application process & suitability and ongoing milestone assessments.
- Support / conduct internal and external clinical initiatives including presentation of final approved data to improve therapeutic area understanding and support medical strategies.
- Serve as internal expert in specific therapeutic area demonstrating up-to-date and high level therapeutic expertise. As required train company staff on key scientific and medical topics in relevant therapeutic area.
- Support the development and implementation of the local Medical Affairs Plan and strategy which supports best clinical practice and the overall corporate objectives
- Deliver quality medical education presentations in a variety of settings and obtain valuable feedback that can be disseminated throughout the organization e.g. Staff Meetings, Round Tables, Hospital Meeting activities in collaboration with the commercial field-based staff
- Asses local need for clinical data and in close collaboration with Local Manager and Clinical operations perform clinical study feasibility and support effective study implementation and ongoing management of company sponsored trials, including disease registries, to achieve recruitment and objectives, in conjunction with regional clinical operations.
Skills and Requirements:
- Minimum post graduate qualifications in relevant applied life science degree essential.
- PhD, Masters Medical Science preferred.
- MD, PharmD or scientific background
- Fluent English, written and oral; good knowledge of French and Dutch
- Must have a minimum of 3-4 years pharmaceutical industry experience, preferably within medical / clinical development functions. Experience in industry field medical support is strongly preferred.
- Proven experience in a customer facing role within the pharmaceutical industry
- Strong ability to manage multiple projects across functional areas, and work independently when appropriate, in teams and as a sub-team lead, and drive projects to meet objectives in a timely manner
- Background in haematology, nephrology, immunology, neurology is preferred although not mandatory
- Rare and Ultra Rare experience highly regarded
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, databases, project management and E-mail and presentation software
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Theodora Savlovschi-Wicks on +44 203 7520 314 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.