Sr Research Scientist | Metabolic Disease
ProClinical, in support of our client, are seeking an individual to fill the role of Senior Research Scientist, Metabolic Disease, based in Foster City, CA.
- Support and lead discovery, drug development and translational research efforts aimed at identifying and characterizing novel therapeutic targets and advancing discovery research projects through to clinical development.
- Lead biological investigations of new and established projects within research.
- Significantly participate in and lead discovery efforts for fibrosis targets.
- The candidate will also be involved in initiating and managing new and established external collaborations.
- Participate as an engaged member of a highly interactive biology department.
Skills And Qualifications
- PhD or equivalent and at 3+ years of relevant post-doctoral experience, as well as 3+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry setting.
- Strong track record of scientific accomplishments demonstrated by peer-reviewed scientific publications in high impact journals.
- Expertise in identifying and validating molecular targets that contribute to the pathophysiology of metabolic dysfunction, NAFLD/NASH or related disorders preferred.
- Fluent in the use of molecular techniques to evaluate signaling networks.
- Working knowledge of functional genomics and pathway analysis.
- Experience applying data from human transcriptomics and genomic databases to enable target discovery and validation.
- Familiarity with the design and execution of in vivo pharmacology studies with relevant preclinical models is a plus.
- This individual will have demonstrable skills and experience in hypothesis-driven biological research.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Hunter Tonn at (+1) 646-851-0086 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Marseille, Provence-Alpes-Côte d'Azur
ProClinical have an exciting opportunity at a small biotech company that are developing theragnostic candidates for precision & personalized medicine in cancers and auto-immunity diseases.