Senior Scientist, Translational Genomics
A well-known global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas is looking to hire a Senior Scientist. This vacancy is an exciting opportunity to work at a top global pharmaceutical company that has a workforce of more than 6,700 employees across multiple sites in the UK. This Senior Scientist role will join our client's genomics team for up to 15 months to cover maternity leave.
This role will be primarily laboratory based. As a key member of the team you will be responsible for planning, designing, and executing high quality experimental work, and documenting and communicating results to appropriate stakeholders and partners. You will work independently but also as part of a growing global team of genomics and informatics experts. You will primarily be responsible for supporting the company's droplet digital PCR (ddPCR) capability but will also have the opportunity to contribute to NGS work and other activities.
- Processing and extraction of nucleic acids from clinical samples (plasma and fixed tissues), quantitation and QC
- Generate genomics data (ddPCR and NGS) from above.
- Deliver data in a modern genomics lab, leveraging a sample management system, LIMS, and other software and communication tools to track progress
- Work with team members and aligned production informatics and bioinformatics experts to support data analysis/QC, interpretation and communication back to project team and other stakeholders
- Contribute to maintenance and development of internal genomics capabilities and development of new biomarker assays as required
- Draw up SOPs and analytical work-plans to support new exploratory biomarker analyses on clinical trial samples
- Work effectively with Translational Science Strategists to understand their genomic biomarker needs, help develop biomarker plans exploiting the most appropriate technologies/assays, and help execute those plans
- Maintain appropriate documentation, be compliant with all internal and external policies and legal requirements for the analysis of human clinical samples
Skills and Requirements:
- Scientist level - Bachelor's degree in a relevant scientific discipline
- Senior Scientist level - Advanced degree in a relevant discipline
- Postgraduate experience utilising advanced molecular biology techniques (academic or industrial setting); Recent/current experience preferred
- Strong laboratory and analytical skills
- Evidence of effective problem-solving / troubleshooting
- Ability to understand and work to detailed SOPs
- Good oral and written communication skills, able to document work clearly, concisely, and understand and describe its importance to others
- Good organisational and planning skills, ability to manage a portfolio of work and deliver to agreed time and quality
- Good interpersonal skills - able to work effectively with colleagues/collaborators from diverse backgrounds, levels of seniority, and territories
- Meticulous attention to detail, ability to document results to a high standard
- Advanced degree within a relevant field.
- Experience of developing and running genomic assays using digital PCR (especially the Bio-Rad QX100 or QX200 platforms)
- Experience of working with DNA/RNA from human clinical materials such as formalin fixed paraffin-embedded tissues and plasma (circulating free DNA/cfDNA).
- Experience of developing and running assays on the Bio-Rad QX100 or QX200 platforms
- Experience of developing and running mutation and/or copy number assays on the above platforms. This includes assay design, ordering, assay optimisation/redesign to maximise sensitivity and allelic discrimination.
- Experience of delivering data in a commercial environment (e.g. assay development / assay delivery role in a pharmaceutical company, clinical or contract research organization).
- Experience of conducting work to Good Clinical Practice (GCP) or a similar regulatory /quality framework (e.g. ISO 9001/ISO 13485).
- Hands-on laboratory experience preparing sequencing libraries and running NGS platforms
- Experience of assay development for NGS platforms
- Experience of working with laboratory automation / liquid handling systems
- Experience of analysis and interpretation of NGS data
- Experience of the pharmaceutical industry and the drug development process
- Knowledge of cancer biology
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zico Dervish on +44 203 319 3015 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Swiss Franc160000 - Swiss Franc161000 per annum
ProClinical is seeking an Associate Senior Consultant, to be based in Basel on a permanent basis.
€0.00 - €70000.00 per annum
ProClinical wirbt im Auftrag eines weltweit führenden Unternehmens im Bereich der kraniomaxillofazialen Neuro- und HNO-Chirurgie.
Ce poste sera sous la responsabilité de la direction générale des opérations cliniques.
ProClinical are currently recruiting for one of the largest workforce management solutions companies in the world, who specialise in multiple scientific and engineering sectors.
ProClinical is happy to advertise a new position for a biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialisation of proprietary therapeutics
ProClinical is advertising on behalf of a CRO providing development services to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device industries.
ProClinical is happy to advertise a new Director of Pharmacokinetics position for a global healthcare company that focuses on oncology and autoimmune diseases.
Up to €85 per hour
ProClinical is happy to advertise new Senior Biostatistician positions for one the largest CROs in the global market
ProClinical is working with a world leading biotechnology company that is seeking a Sales Account Manager to be based in Stockholm or Copenhagen on a permanent basis.
Up to €35 per hour
Contrat à titre de consultant, durée de 12 mois, à Bordeaux.