Senior Manager, Automation Engineering
We are seeking a highly skilled individual to fill the role of Senior Manager of Automation Engineering, based in Princeton, NJ. The qualified individual will be able to analyze computerized systems and plant needs, identify business requirements, and translate requirements to automation and business solutions.
- Consult with all relevant internal and external parties to identify customer needs and include into project objectives.
- Asses needs to develop new systems and improve existing program designs.
- Assist in defining project boundaries and formulating budgetary guidelines.
- Provide technical expertise on strategic initiatives and presents best solution and key industry trends to include creating and deploying new and unique approaches in automation.
- Work with other engineering, operation and quality assurance disciplines to design and develop automation solutions.
- Develop and manage the Calibration program.
- Perform work in accordance with site EH&S policies and procedures.
- Manage team of engineers (internal and external) and consultants ensuring design quality and proper documentation of all phase of the project life cycle - develop Project Plans, URS, FRS and Commissioning documents for new automated systems.
- Provide periodic insights, detailed progress reports and system functionality documents to ensure continue alignment with department and company goals.
- Develop department best practices and standard operating procedures.
- Identify and hire qualified candidates for team.
- Work with the legal department on intellectual property management.
- Manage Security contracts and staff.
Skills And Qualifications
- BA in Electrical or Computer Engineering and 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Ability to work within a technical capacity.
- Ability to work with electrical hardware teams and translate requirements into control strategies.
- Ability to read P&ID, electrical and hydraulics drawings and translate into PLC structures.
- Proficient in software development in LabView, C, C++, PLC, various BAS/BMS applications SCADA systems and prefer understanding on ERPs.
- Strong technical skills in multiple automation environments.
- Proficient in Computerized Calibration Management Systems (CCMS).
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Matthew Goldberg at (+1) 2674056995 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.