Senior Director Global Payroll
ProClinical is pleased to advertise an exciting vacancy for a Senior Director Global Payroll (EMEA/APAC) for an international contract research organisation providing drug discovery, lifecycle management and laboratory services. The Senior Director will join this company on a contract basis in their Cambridge-based team.
The Senior Director Global Paywall will be responsible for providing strategic direction over the delivery of global payroll services for approximately 21,000 employees in 50 countries across the globe. They will bring their wide range of experience of international payroll operations to create a best in class model for payroll, coordinating our Oracle Cloud technology platform and outsourced payroll arrangements and leveraging automation to the highest degree possible. Finally, the Senior Director will be responsible for coaching and mentoring the team of individuals and managers that provide the day-to-day delivery of the international payroll.
- Leading transformation of enterprise-wide payroll processes and systems, within the context of a rapidly evolving model.
- Ensuring compliance with global payroll tax regulations, and wage, and labour laws.
- Driving appropriate consistent processes across the globe; coordinating regional efforts towards global process standardization while allowing flexibility locally when required.
- Maximising the effectiveness of technologies and supporting processes to drive continuous improvements and change initiatives.
- Overseeing payroll to ensure compliance with all corporate and country-specific policies and procedures.
- Driving controls and operational excellence, including, but not limited to, SOX oversight and controls and compliance programs.
- Ensuring process designs support fiscal and regulatory compliance.
- Assisting senior leadership in defining organisational goals and strategic plans related to global payroll operations.
- Advising on actions and potential risks related to financial matters.
- Partnering across functions to synergise global processes, resources, and systems.
- Managing the global and/or regional payroll vendor relationships, including selection, negotiation, consolidation, and time management.
- Providing audit and oversight to the team activities and processes, ensuring that pertinent internal and external compliance standards are met.
- Implementing and leveraging technologies that best fit our payroll needs.
- Guiding financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Staying abreast of global regulatory changes impacting enterprise-wide payroll compliance.
- Directing proactive impact assessments and assisting leadership with resolution.
- Coaching, mentoring, and providing leadership development to team members in order to optimise operational excellent and creating a deeper bench of experienced talent.
- Managing staff, which may include interviewing and selection, job description preparation, professional development, goal setting, performance management, coaching and mentoring, employee counselling, and separations.
- Approving courses of action on salary administration, hiring, corrective action, and terminations.
- Reviewing and approving time records, expense reports, requests for leave, and overtime.
- Interpreting and recommending modifications to company-wide policies and practices.
- Developing and overseeing budgets, schedules, and performance standards.
- Defining objectives in collaboration with senior management and results assessed from a relatively long-term perspective.
Skills and Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic/vocational qualification.
- Other experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable to at least fifteen years).
- Ten or more years of experience with global payroll and payroll tax.
- Six years management experience of transforming a payroll function from manual to scalable, along with implementing Oracle Cloud (or similar) technology in an international environment.
- Demonstrable experience operation payroll, both in-house and with external providers, such as ADP or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with external payroll vendors and related platform technology providers.
- Demonstrable experience with setting up payroll requirements for new tax entities.
- Proven history of leading mid to large and geographically dispersed teams.
- CPP designation preferred. An equivalency may be considered, provided it has a combination of appropriate education, training, and/or directly related experience.
- Expert knowledge of internal systems and business processes to support data-driven decision making.
- Expert knowledge of approved accounting/financial practices related to payroll systems and technology.
- Strategic analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced level of skill in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint for analysis and presentation of data.
- Demonstrated executive presence and strong presentation skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Kelechi Dyke on +44 203 854 0200 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Princeton, New Jersey
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Payroll Support Associate position
Up to £0.00 per annum
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Accountant/Supplier Master Data Analyst position
US$0.00 - US$75.00 per hour
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Accounting/Finance Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a GL & ITC Accounting Lead position
Redwood City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for Senior Financial Analyst / Finance Manager position