Scientist - Molecular Biology
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Scientist - Molecular Biology position with a leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, and medical device capability company. The organisation provides comprehensive platform capabilities in small molecule R&D and manufacturing, biologics R&D and manufacturing, and cell and gene therapy R&D. The Scientist - Molecular Biology will join this company in their office in Pennsylvania. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated applicant to develop a career in a truly revolutionary field.
- Conducts and directs assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Demonstrates innovative and independent scientific technical expertise.
- Works with Lab Supervisor in scheduling and coordinating day-to-day laboratory operations.
- Contributes independently to overall scientific rigor through objective laboratory investigation.
- As assigned by Management, supervises personnel and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- As assigned by Management, acts as Technical Reviewer, Area Manager, or Principal Investigator for assays and assumes all associated responsibilities.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures.
- Designs and independently conducts scientific development projects from inception to completion.
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data to Technical Reviewer, Area Manager or Principal Investigator.
- Initiates, prepares and revises technical documents and reports.
- Effectively communicates and defends science through written and verbal communication.
- Maintains laboratory notebook and follows all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Technical Reviewer, Area Manager or Principal Investigator.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
- Reviews and signs lab notebooks.
- Provides training on areas of technical expertise and compliance issues relevant to the lab setting and trains new personnel in lab procedures.
- Effectively interacts with clients as required.
- Documents test article information on temperature charts for monitored equipment and gives copy to Quality Assurance as needed.
- Completes all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogen, Quality Assurance, safety, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- May be required to work Holidays and weekends
- Contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
- Performs job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and company Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or equivalent with a Master's degree with a major in Biological Sciences or science related major or equivalent training and/or experience; or a minimum of 7 years of relevant experience or equivalent with a Bachelor's degree with commensurate experience.
- Thorough understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Ability to explain unexpected results and find solutions to solve the technical issues.
- Specialized training in laboratory techniques used in assigned laboratory is required.
- Knowledge of cGMP guidelines is preferred.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate laboratory equipment (i.e. biohazard hood, centrifuge, incubator, and autoclave) and computer equipment and software. (i.e. Microsoft Word, Outlook).
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Clarity of vision at near and mid-ranges (less than 20 feet), depth perception and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Victoria Vandergeest at +1 215-531-5569 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is seeking a highly motivated, creative and Fibrosis Research Associate to support the discovery and development of therapeutic agents at a top ten pharmaceutical company.