Here is a chance to join one of the most globally known pharmaceutical organisations, who is looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer based in Switzerland. This job will be working a top 10 pharmaceutical company that works across a range of industries from medical devices to pharmaceutical and consumer goods, operating in over 60 countries.
This Manufacturing Engineer role will provide technical support of activities in surface treatment department related to the improvement and development of current and new processes including process cost evaluation, quality and capability alternatives analyses, and process characterization.
Provides direction and supports the needs of surface treatment department in terms of meeting the requirements for quality standards and compliant documentation, capacity, product availability and cost.
- Provides day to day support and direction in the production area of surface treatment/chemical department (anodizing, electropolish, passivation, solvent cleaning).
- Understands existing processes, setup and machine programs in order to execute tasks associated with process validation (Installation Qualification, Operation Qualification, Performance Qualification, Computer Software Validation and Test Method Validation) and engineering studies.
- Identifies and assists in process improvements for existing manufacturing processes utilizing appropriate engineering principles and standard strategies as e.g. Lean and Six Sigma principles.
- Participates in investigations, develops plans and executes tasks to solve process problems including Nonconformances (NC), complaint investigations, audit observations and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
- Assists in gage design, measurement system analysis, and gage implementation as required.
- Supports tasks related to new equipment acquisition efforts including user requirement specifications, machine selection, installation, validation, employee training, and other related equipment responsibilities as required.
- Checks complex layouts and drawings for clarity, completeness, conformity to standards, procedures, specifications, and accuracy of calculations and dimensions.
- Participates in designed experiments and capability studies as support staff, collects and maintains documents, and records process specifications.
- Collects process documentation, prepares and delivers training on processes, materials, and equipment.
- Is responsible for programming, set-up and debugging of complex equipment or measuring instruments.
- Supports and performs preventive maintenance and 5S related tasks.
- Assists in the development of manufacturing and inspection procedures.
- Participates in cross-functional teams which may include, but are not limited to - Manufacturing Engineering, Production, Quality Assurance, Finance, Product Development and personnel from other sites.
- Assures adherence to all company safety policies and procedures and other safety precautions within the work area.
- Acts as a model for the operators in terms of attitude, running machines, following processes, and decision making.
- Writes protocols and reports.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.Sc. Engineering or equivalent
- 4 years of experience in chemical and surface treatment manufacturing environment
- Previous experience working in a regulated industry, such as Medical Device is preferred.
- Lean Sigma certification preferred
- Experience with surface treatment technologies (anodizing, passivation and electropolish) laser etching and related programming software
- Demonstrates working knowledge of machine and electrical safety standards, preferred.
- Demonstrates leadership qualities including confidence, transparency, integrity, innovation, passion, patience and tenacity.
- Demonstrates strong written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Demonstrates strong computer skills, such as the use of Microsoft Office, CREO and Minitab, preferred.
- Demonstrates strong organizational and is results oriented.
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills and professional interactions with co-workers. Demonstrates troubleshooting skills.
- Must be willing to support global projects including some travel.
- Must be willing to support all production shifts.
- Participates in and understands compliance related activities pertaining to the job assignment including compliance with the Quality System Regulation (QSR), Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), and applicable Work Instructions.
- Follows all laws and policies as they apply to one's job and maintains the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times
- Supports and operates in a proactive safety environment
- Language required Italian:
- FLUENT English: Yes, as this is the company language, but a good level is sufficient
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Kelechi Dyke on +44 203 854 0200 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Swiss Franc0.00 - Swiss Franc70.00 per hour
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Contract Manufacturing Project Manager
San Dimas, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Entry Manufacturing Technician position
US$0.00 - US$45760 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a 3D Printing Engineer with a leading workforce management solutions company.
ProClinical is partnering with an orthopaedic and plastic surgery device distributor
ProClinical is advertising an exciting opportunity for a Manufacturing Engineer position
ProClinical is advertising an exciting opportunity for a EMO Project Manager position, joining a pharmaceutical company
Wir suchen kommunikationsstarke und kundenorientierte Mitarbeiter/innen mit Durchsetzungsvermögen.