Key Account Manager (Boston)
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Key Account Manager for a biotechnology company located remotely but preferably in Boston, MA. Successful candidate will be responsible for selling the client's product line within the defined territory. The successful candidate will possess strong organizational and time management skills. They will be self- motivated, energetic, charismatic, adaptable to change and have a willingness to learn. They will also have a high level of commitment and initiative, a desire to make a difference and be a proven team player.
- Achieve sales plan for assigned territory.
- Develop strategic account plans.
- Maintain a high level of consultative sales skills, product and application methodology knowledge with associated features and benefits required to convert customer needs to sales.
- Obtain enough knowledge of accounts in order to develop and maintain account strategies to convert specific company needs to solutions.
- Develop and maintain effective time, territory, and account management practices.
- Maintain accurate and timely data in the CRM.
- Responsible for providing regular and accurate forecast information for the territory in the CRM.
- Participate in or supports local, regional and national shows as requested.
- Conduct demonstrations, coordinate installations and customer training.
- Build relationships with procurement departments to streamline the approval processes.
- Develop key internal relationship with Marketing to ensure collaboration and alignment for effective selling strategies.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Life Sciences or Business or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years' direct sales experience in capital equipment in the Life Science market.
- Consultative sales training experience is mandatory.
- Broad industry knowledge with biotech accounts.
- Bioprocessing knowledge is required.
- Previous Key Account Management Strategy.
- Well-developed PC/MAC skills including: MS Office as well as experience with a CRM.
- Possess a valid driver's license and ability to travel, at time on short notice.
- Ability to manage and develop sales territories while also managing costs and risks.
- Ability to effectively communicate (orally and written) both technical and non-technical topics.
- Strong presentation skills demonstrated before customer, peers, and senior management.
- Ability to recognize and manage potential problem areas and resolve them with integrity.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Jason Thiagaram at (+1) 646-367-2910 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.