In-Vitro Scientist in Liver Toxicity
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an In-Vitro Scientist in Liver Toxicity with a well-known global pharmaceutical company with leading products across various therapeutic areas. This global organisation, known for their clear commitment to oncological treatments, are seeking for an incumbent to join their team in Cambridge on a contract basis. This is an exciting opportunity to join a leading Hepatic Safety & ADME team applying in-vitro models of liver toxicity to the discovery and development of safe and effective drugs.
The In-Vitro Scientist will be responsible for the design, conduct, and interpretation of in-vitro experiments to evaluate potential hepatotoxicity of candidate drugs. They will work closely with other safety scientists and discovery safety specialises to deliver optimised experimental approaches to identify and mitigate potential liver safety concerns across the portfolio. They will act as a scientific expert to recommend appropriate experimental strategies, interpret data, and develop the ongoing liver target organ strategy.
- Designing and delivering in vitro experimental data to support projects across the portfolio and in line with the liver organ strategy and mechanistic problem solving needed to de-risk projects.
- Developing expertise in drug metabolism, biomarkers, and 3D model technology with respect to the liver organ strategy.
- Developing scientific leadership to use in depth hepatic toxicological expertise and providing input into toxicology problem solving.
- Evaluating and validating novel physiological hepatic models.
- Maintaining an understanding of Safety Assessment, the research and development process, and how they contribute to achieving successful products.
- Using technical expertise and applying specialist knowledge to help projects.
- Building a specialist knowledge of one area of Safety Assessment (e.g., toxicology/drug metabolism/biomarkers/3D model evaluation).
- Sharing experience, knowledge, and industry developments with peer scientists.
- Interacting with senior and junior staff from all disciplines and areas, such as toxicologists, pathologists, DMPK scientists and project teams.
- Working in close collaboration with Discovery Safety Specialists to set and answer critical project safety questions.
- Developing innovative solutions and research proposals that address capability gaps in predictive safety science.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant regulations and standards.
Skills and Requirements:
- An MSc, PhD, or equivalent training experience in Toxicology, Pharmacology, Biomedical Science, or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in applying practical toxicology to address scientific questions.
- Significant, direct experience in the design and execution of in-vitro molecular biological, biochemical, and/or cellular experiments to determine the effects of therapeutics on biological systems.
- Strong laboratory-based skills in molecular biology and/or in vitro cell-based models.
- Knowledge of experience in an area of liver biology, hepatic injury, and drug metabolism.
- Expertise in in-vitro approaches for assessment of liver safety/toxicity/drug metabolism.
- Demonstrable experience of 3D cell culture or micro-physiological systems.
- Recognised experience in the in-vitro field via peer-reviewed publications.
- A thorough understanding of the Drug Discovery and Development process.
- An innovative and creative mind-set combined with scientific excellent and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, and persuasion.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Luke Saner on +443300524502 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.