Field Service Engineer (m/v)
Our client is searching for a Field Service Engineer, home-office based in Rhône-Alpes region. The person in this position has front-line responsibility for installations, remote and on-site diagnostics prior to repair services as well as preventive maintenance visits on our client's systems, primarily to customers located in Grand Est region. The successful candidate must have proven ability to diagnose and resolve problems on highly sophisticated software, electronic and mechanical robotic devices at clinical sites and major hospitals. Applicants must have the ability to work independently and have effective communication skills.
- Provide installation, repair and maintenance support for systems located at customer sites.
- Support is provided to the customer remotely by phone, internet and by on-site visits, as determined by the machine status or customer requirements.
- Promoting the highest level of customer satisfaction through the timely response to customer calls, clear and effective communications, professional appearance, and efficient repair/maintenance activities.
- Self-management of schedule and work priorities to ensure that urgent customer requirements are addressed appropriately, and customer satisfaction is optimized.
- Assist in the development of service documentation, in conjunction with the Customer Service team.
- Assist in the training of further Customer Support staff and customer on site personnel with respect to maintenance and service activities, as required.
- Assist in identification and development of Field Support tools and test equipment.
- Follow Company training as needed. (e.g. basic technical training of 6 weeks at Headquarters in the US).
- Follow local regulations (such as radioprotection rules - attends and runs TUV Audits at customer).
- Assist in the development, documentation, and testing of service tools and design updates to the product.
- Works effectively with other engineers, scientists, subcontractors, and consultants.
- Support project team activities, with attendance at team meetings, representation of Field Service requirements, and provision of documentation as required.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or physics. Other qualifications with significant related work experience may also be considered. (I.E. military technical training/experience, BS in electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Technology, AS in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering Technology). A basic understanding of medical physics is desirable.
- At least 3 years of field support, engineering or manufacturing experience with high technology electrical/electronic products. Prior work experience with a Medical Device manufacturer would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with electronic test equipment.
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Good H/W and S/W computer skills, including network knowledge and the use of standard office software programs including spreadsheet, word processing and email applications. Ability to quickly learn to use new software tools.
- Experience in basic administration of Windows-based computer hardware, software, and networking would be an advantage.
- Fluent reading, writing and speaking in local language and English.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and customer relations skills and strong customer service orientation.
- Team player - ability to work well in a close team environment.
- Must be comfortable with extensive travel (50% travel time), sometimes on short notice, and occasional after-hours support requirements.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and good driving record.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Issam Bousekri on +44 203 854 1077 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Operations Regulatory CMC Analyst
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Drug Safety Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Regulatory Affairs Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Compliance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Assurance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Brand Insights Manager vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Solution Engineer vacancy
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Research Associate - Fibrosis
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Scientist - Fibrosis position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an In-Vitro Scientist in Liver Toxicity
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Clinical Quality Oversight Lead vacancy