Associate Director - Commercial Operations
ProClinical is excited to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen for an Associate Director, Market Research position for a 9-month maternity cover within the EMEA Commercial Intelligence team at a well-known research-based biopharmaceutical company. The company specialises in discovering, developing, and commercialising innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need, and is searching for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to join their team in Uxbridge.
The Associate Director will primarily support the HIV franchise team within the company's EMEA Commercial Operations team, along with managing Market Research processes across Therapeutic Areas. The ideal candidate for this position should have extensive experience of conducting Market Research within the pharmaceutical industry, along with additional forecasting and analytics experience.
- Providing evidence-based insights to drive strategic objectives.
- Working closely with the HIV cross-functional team, including Commercial, Medical, Finance, and Legal, to develop forward-looking Market Research plans for EMEA based on key business needs.
- Driving research insights across various stakeholders and workstreams to ensure evidence-based decision making and full utilisation of market research results.
- Supporting forecasting assumptions and processes in partnership with business analyst & TA lead.
- Working with the HIV TV lead and team to understand the implications of Market Research insights for the company's business, and supporting the team to develop and establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Managing the day to-day market research process.
- Independently leading projects, coordinating input from the cross-functional team to scope, design, and manage the execution of qualitative and quantitative Market Research studies.
- Selecting the appropriate Market Research agencies through a rigorous Request for Proposal process, and ensuring delivery to time, quality, and budget.
- Collaborating with primary and secondary Market Research agencies to collect data, and develop insights to inform market understanding, business decisions, analytics, and forecasting.
- Interpreting Market Research outputs and effectively communicating the result to a range of internal stakeholders at all levels of the organisation, ensuring insights are actionable, impactful, and reach a wide audience.
- Anticipating upcoming business questions and ensuring that Commercial Intelligence inputs are planned and provided on a timely basis.
- Working with affiliate and global Market Research teams to align deliverables and avoid duplication.
- Leading HIV insights and analytics networks across EMEA, sharing outputs and fostering collaboration.
- Leading development of Quarterly Earnings Deck.
- Collaborating with Finance, Business Analyst, Market Access, Medical and EU5 analysts to lead development of quarterly earning performance deck.
- Developing a cohesive story which brings together financial and commercial performance data.
- Delivering a set of high-quality briefing materials to senior management within a short timeframe.
- Managing and challenging EMEA and local data sources as necessary.
- Champion EMEA Market Research Processes.
- Maintaining and implementing EMEA-wide market research processes to ensure consistent high standards across all market research projects.
- Monitoring the evolving practices, codes of conduct, ethics, and privacy landscapes (including GDPR) to ensure EMEA Market Research Guidance remains up to date.
- Driving awareness and implementation of any updates/changes across the organisation.
- Being the main contact for trouble-shooting and advising those involved in market research (commercial, legal, safety, etc) of standard ethics practices.
- Attending Market Research council meetings.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Extensive experience conducting qualitative and quantitative primary and secondary market research in the pharmaceutical industry; experience in forecasting and analytics is also a benefit.
- Demonstrable experience in specialty markets and in-depth knowledge of sales, marketing organisations, and pharmaceutical data sources.
- Demonstrable experience in HIV required.
- Proven ability to translate marketing strategy questions into actionable Market Research projects and to challenge and support commercial teams to formulate their needs.
- Demonstrably strong project management skills; making things happen and making them happen quickly is important in this role.
- Proven ability to prioritise and utilise limited resources to manage multiple and/or conflicting requests from a variety of internal customers, manage peak workload periods, and ad hoc requests.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an ability to interact cross-functionally and at all levels of the organisation.
- Well-developed leadership skills with an ability to set a vision, exercise sound business judgement, clear decision-making, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Kelechi Dyke on +44 203 854 0200 upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an AD Market Research to join a global biopharmaceutical company based in West London.