ADME Scientist II
Proclinical is currently seeking an ADME Scientist for a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will be the determination of ADME properties of drug molecules through in vitro and in vivo experiments. Experience with in vitro and in vivo ADME studies and understanding of clearance route, mechanism and the role of metabolism will be essential.
- Conduct in vitro drug metabolism studies.
- Perform inhibition and substrate identification studies for transporters.
- Proficiency in LC-MS method development for separation and structural identification of multiple metabolites.
- Proficiency in cell culture to maintain mammalian cell lines.
- Hands on experience in operation, maintenance & trouble shooting of LC-MS instruments of multiple vendors.
- Conduct non-radio-labeled and radio-labeled metabolite profiling experiments from in vitro and in vivo studies.
- Ability to work independently, design experiments and report data in written reports and team presentations as required.
- Maintain accurate records.
Skills and Requirements:
- PhD or MA/MS in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or Biochemistry with 1+ (PhD) or 3+ years (MA/MS) of pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Prior experience with cell culture is required. Familiarity with permeability assays using cell monolayer is preferred.
- Prior experience with HPLC and LC-MS are required. Familiarity with AB Sciex and/or Thermo Orbitrap high resolution mass spectrometry instruments and metabolite identification is preferred.
- Experience in utilizing radio-labeled material would be a plus.
- The candidate must be able to analyze data and note significant deviations and maintain detailed, accurate and comprehensible study documentation.
- The individual is also expected to be highly organized, a team player, enthusiastic about drug discovery, and possess strong communication skills.
- Publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals are preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sherron Howard at (+1) 267-435-8600 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.