Director of Business Development - ADME - Tox
Proclinial are searching for a motivated life scientist who can apply their training into the management of a R&D organisation. This role is for a Director of Business Development in Europe, this is the perfect opportunity to solidify your commercial career.
- Develop opportunities and close deals by understanding customer's requirements, presenting and structuring a business and scientific framework and writing proposals
- Build and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships, identifying current and future needs and aligning these with the capabilities and strategy of the business.
- Manage and execute the RFI/RFP processes including interactions with both sales and technical staff.
- Rapidly develop an in-depth understanding of the company's products and services, and the impact that these have on customer projects at different stages of development.
- Drive additional revenue opportunities from within existing company relationships through targeted follow-ups, ensuring customers extract maximum value from current interactions.
- Answer web enquiries and follow up with contacts for other potential business development opportunities.
- New business development through prospecting of potential target customers.
- Attend Company meetings, key conferences and workshops.
Skills and Requirements
- BS degree in life sciences required. Advanced degree in life sciences preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry and minimum of 2 years of relevant business development experience. Some experience with ADME-Tox preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects efficiently with a high degree of independence.
- Strong knowledge of the licensing/business development landscape. Good understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process
- Ability to develop deal structures, write proposals and working knowledge of industry deal trends.
- Demonstrated, strong negotiating skills and ability to conduct and successfully conclude negotiations on deals.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.