A new job opportunity has arisen for a Senior Statistician/Consultant position at a leading consultancy organisation that provides tangible business results across the international pharmaceutical and healthcare industries. The company, which boasts direct access to the world's most comprehensive healthcare information, analytic and research resources is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join their London-based team.
The Senior Statistician/Consultant will support the Health Economics team by preparing and analysis data according to agreed protocols and statistical analysis plans. The successful candidate will have excellent skills in the presentation of analyses and in communicating their findings across various formats.
- Contributing to the writing of study proposals, including statistical analysis sections.
- Conducting evidence synthesis by means of meta-analysis, indirect treatment comparison or network meta-analysis (frequentist or Bayesian), whilst using patient-level and/or aggregate data.
- Using R, WinBUGS/OpenBUGS or Jag.
- Conducting survival analysis using R or SAS.
- Specifying and/or extracting data from databases using SAS/R; preparing and analysis datasets according to study protocol and SAP.
- Writing and presenting results of analysis appropriate for the intended audience.
Skills and Requirements:
- A BSc or equivalent in statistics, biostatistics, (applied) mathematics, etc.
- MSc or PhD, or equivalent, in statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, (applied) mathematics, or a related discipline, or equivalent work-related experience.
- Demonstrable prior experience working in a consultancy, CRO, pharmaceutical/biotech companies or other service sector in the healthcare industry.
- Strong statistic programming skills in R and one of the WinBUGS, OpenBUGS, JAGS or similar.
- Demonstrable experience with generalised linear models, Bayesian statistics, and survival analysis.
- Experience with project management in a consultancy, CRO, or other service sector in the healthcare industry.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with good-team interpersonal skills and comfort in a multi-cultural environment.
- Good understanding of network meta-analysis studies is a plus.
- Good understanding of economic models for health economic evaluation.
- Proficiency with SAS, STATA and Visual Basic (VBA) for Excel.
- Understanding of retrospective patient-level studies (including database analyses)
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Flora Hickish on +44 2038660228 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Highly Competitive Salary
ProClinical, in support of our client, are seeking an individual to fill the role of Biostatistics Associate Director, Biostatistics Project Lead, based in Cambridge, MA.
ProClinical is happy to advertise an opportunity for a Junior Statistician, Analyst position for one of the largest CROs in the global market
ProClinical is excited to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Statistical Analyst
Leuven, Flemish Brabant
ProClinical is excited to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Statistical Analyst to join a scientifically driven, global, full-service clinical contract research organisation
A new job opportunity has arisen for a Principal Biostatistician position for a leading multinational contract research organisation
Here at ProClinical we are recruiting for a Statistician at one of the largest global pharmaceutical companies at their site in Surrey.
Up to €85 per hour
ProClinical is happy to advertise new Senior Biostatistician positions for one the largest CROs in the global market