Senior Scientist, Downstream Process Development
A global healthcare company is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Manager, Quality Management position. The organisation specialises in lifesaving medicines and technologies for infusion, transfusion, and clinical nutrition. The company's products and services have been used to help care for critically and chronically ill patients. Based in Switzerland, this is an exciting opportunity to bring expertise and skills to an established and in-demand company.
- Setting up and running a downstream process (DSP) development laboratory, including vendor selection, equipment purchases, and installation.
- Planning and executing DSP process development and characterization studies.
- Authoring, reviewing, editing, and approving internal protocols/reviews, documents, external presentations, and manuscripts.
- Using the most appropriate experimental design (including DoE) and problem-solving methods to achieve bio-similarity within the pre-defined analytical ranges.
- Representing DSP development at cross-functional meetings.
- Leading DSP tech transfer activities for handover and scale up of projects to external GMP manufacturing sites.
- Coaching, mentoring, training, and providing technical guidance to scientists and technicians.
- Being involved in lab bench working during set up of DSP lab projects.
Skills and Requirements:
- Advanced scientific degree in biotech process sciences or similar field of study.
- Several years' experience in Pharma/Biotech/Biosimilars industry with demonstrated track record in Downstream Processing for biologics (specifically mammalian cell culture).
- Technical and scientific expertise in process development, scale up, tech transfer, and process characterization.
- Experience with high throughput DSP laboratory equipment, use of DoE, and Six Sigma techniques desirable.
- Experience in evaluation & implementation of new technologies would be a plus.
- Fluency in English essential; French or German would be assets.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Chidozie Orji at +44 207 440 0671 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A global pharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Structural Biology Associate Director to their office in Shanghai.
Highly Competitive Salary
ProClinical is currently seeking a Sr. Staff Scientist / Research Scientist for an American pharmaceutical company based out of Delaware.
An up and coming biopharmaceutical company is seeking to recruit a Senior Scientist, Biologics Formulation
A leading pharmaceutical company that accelerates the launch and listing of drugs across China is seeking for a Formulation Engineer to join their office in Shanghai.
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist Senior position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
Our client, a leading Biotech focusing on the discovery and development of novel biologics, are seeking to hire a Principal Scientist, Drug Product Development.
A top 10 global pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a Bench Scientist I (Cell Bio).
West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is currently recruiting for an Associate QC Microbiologist position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
A leading management consulting firm is advertising a vacancy for an Analytical Scientist I - Biologics position.
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is currently recruiting for an Aseptic Manufacturing Associate position on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company.