R&D - Scientist - Junior
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an R&D Scientist - Junior with one of the most prestigious pharmaceutical organisations in the world. This internationally renowned company works across a range of industries from medical devices to pharmaceutical and consumer goods and operates in over 60 countries. Based in Belgium, this is an exciting opportunity for the successful applicant to bolster their career with a top 10 pharma company.
The R&D Scientist will join the Mechanistic and Investigative Toxicology department (MIT), who are responsible for developing and validating high-throughput assays and performing mechanistic in vitro studies as a follow up of observations in (pre-)clinical studies.
- Independently executing in-vitro screening assays that are compliant to the protocol and within the expected cycling times.
- Ensuring high experimental quality and accurate capture and scientific interpretation of data.
- Overseeing the lab logistics and data management, ensuring data integrity.
- Writing reports and clearly communicating with requestors.
- Assisting the scientists involved in transferring established assays to automation and to build efficient, semi-automated high throughput screening (HTS).
- Supporting scientists to explore toxicity issues in mechanism-based assays.
- Working closely together with colleagues and direct chef in a highly collaborative team environment.
- Handling BSL2 agents and cell-based assays in accordance with Janssens EHS policies.
Skills and Requirements:
- A B.SC or M.Sc in life sciences (preferably in cellular biology/molecular biology).
- 4 or more years of productive experience in a high-quality academic, biotech or pharmaceutical environment.
- Considerable knowledge and practical experience of aseptic technique and culturing of mammalian cell lines (adherent and suspension).
- Experience with independently solving issues during performance of the in vitro assays.
- Knowledge of assay development and the use of automation and HTS instrumentation.
- An ability to rapidly learn and apply new techniques.
- A good understanding of the operational processes in a drug discovery environment related to lab facilities, equipment, safety and data management.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
- Mid-Senior Level.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Luke Saner at +443300524502, or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy with a multinational healthcare company that provides an innovative range of diagnostic solutions and medicines.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an R&D Scientist with one of the most prestigious pharmaceutical organisations in the world.
Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
ProClinical is currently recruiting on behalf of a leading global pharmaceutical company that specialises in multiple therapy areas.
ProClinical is partnering with a leading pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medical device company
ProClinical is pleased to announce that there is a vacancy for a Laboratory Technician II, QC Cell Bio position
ProClinical is pleased to advertise a vacancy for a Laboratory Assistant position
€0.00 - €60000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a new Senior Machine Learning Scientist position
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is currently recruiting for an Aseptic Manufacturing Associate on behalf of a top 10 global pharmaceutical company
High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
ProClinical is excited to announce that an exciting opportunity has arisen for a Formulation Technologist
An exciting job opportunity has arisen for a Laboratory Associate to join a leading worldwide, research-based pharmaceutical company based in Cambridge, MA.