Pathobiology Research Associate II
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Pathobiology Research Associate II position with a leading pharmaceutical research company. The organization prides itself on its solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas, along with a growing pipeline of investigational drugs and an unmatched patient access program. Based in the company's California office, this is an exciting opportunity to work with an internationally renowned company and support their innovative impact on the scientific field.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to support drug discovery and development within Research. You will be responsible for development of tissue-based assays. The successful candidate will have a background in biology or a related discipline and laboratory experience in human and animal tissue preparation, histological staining (IHC/ IF/ ISH), and image scanning. Experience with multiplex IHC assays is a plus. The successful candidate must be self-motivated and detail-oriented, exhibit excellent organizational and communication skills, demonstrate the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under tight timelines, thrive with a high degree of responsibility, and a proficient team-player.
- Routine histology techniques such as preparing and sectioning FFPE/ frozen samples.
- Optimize, validate, and execute IHC assays (brightfield/ fluorescence).
- Enter sample identifications into the database system, and contribute efforts to the tissue tracking system by cataloging human and animal FFPE blocks.
- Scanning and organizing images using relevant imaging platforms (Leica, Zeiss, Perkin Elmer or similar).
- Maintaining required documentation of all procedures and laboratory equipment and identify any problems or deviations from Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- The candidate will work cross-functionally within the organization to achieve goals, present research findings and recommendations to senior staff.
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree with 2 + years' relevant experience OR Bachelor's degree with 5 + years' relevant experience.
- Experience with multiple automated IHC platforms is desirable.
- The successful candidate needs to be able to manage more than one project at any given time, work successfully in a cross-functional and highly collaborative team environment, and communicate clearly to a variety of audiences (written and oral).
- Applicants should be able to troubleshoot independently and show curiosity-driven engagement in scientific problems.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sherron Howard at + 267 435 8600 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Highly Competitive Salary
Foster City, California
ProClinical, in support of our client, are seeking an experienced scientist to fill the role of Senior Research Scientist I, Inflammation and Biomarker Sciences.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Histotechnologist position with a leading biotechnology company that specialises in RNAi therapeutics.
ProClinical is partnering with a leading global pharmaceutical company
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Biopharmaceutical Laboratory Technician position
East Norriton, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Scientist, Analytical Development position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Biocompatibility Specialist position
West Chester, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is advertising a brilliant opportunity for a Biocompatibility Specialist vacancy
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is partnering with a top 10 pharmaceutical company to advertise a vacancy for a Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Research Associate - Fibrosis
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Associate