Material Characterisation Microscopist
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical company is currently recruiting for a Material Characterisation Microscopist. The organisation has been recognised for its historic presence across multiple therapy areas, including cardiovascular, neurology, and immunology. Based in Kent, this vacancy is the perfect opportunity for applicants with a broad knowledge and understanding of particle characterisation techniques and solid-state analysis methods to work with one of the most prestigious companies in the pharmaceutical field.
The Microscopist will provide high-quality technical support to the organisation by applying light and electron microscopy and complementary materials characterisation techniques. They will also be responsible for direct interaction with customers, leading experimental planning, execution of experiments, and the communication of results. Finally, the Microscopist will also collaborate with colleagues within the company's Global Supply organisation and centre function groups to ensure that appropriate microscopical methods are exploited to complete particulate matter and troubleshooting investigations.
- Identifying particulate matter in raw materials - solid and liquid products and aseptic and biological products using analytical microscopy.
- Utilising analytical microscopy skills to deliver clear insight and understand the structures of powders, liquid suspensions, primary packaging, and other pharmaceutical materials so as to interpret and explain atypical behaviour.
- Determining the physical attributes of APIs, excipients, and pharmaceutical materials using a range of characterisation techniques.
- Evaluating and interpreting analytical data and reporting results through presentations and technical reports; especially the translation of scientific output and technical content into a language understood by a wider, non-expert customer base.
Skills and Requirements:
- Degree in Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Materials Science or a relevant discipline.
- Technical experience and practical abilities in solving pharmaceutical problems.
- Technical ability in the application of analytical microscopy problem solving.
- Practical experience in the use of light microscopy, for the physical and chemical characterisation and identification of particulate matter.
- Practical proficiency in the application of scanning electron microscopy and knowledge of X-ray microanalysis for the examination and characterisation of a wide range of materials.
- Demonstrated capability in the identification of organic materials using infrared microscopy/spectroscopy.
- Adept at the preparation of specimens for analysis.
- Broad understanding and application of particle characterisation, powder X-ray diffraction, spectroscopic and thermal analysis methods and how they relate the characterisation of pharmaceutical materials.
- An in-depth understanding of light microscopy techniques applicable for the analysis and identification of particulate matter and solid forms of API.
- Experience in self-driven experimental plans with proven impactful outputs.
- A meticulous and tenacious approach problem solving which is both innovative and creative.
- Must be practical and dexterous tenable the handling and preparation of a wide range of sample types for analysis, including bulk powders and single small particles.
- Has an enquiring and inquisitive mind.
- Has an innate ability to select and apply the most appropriate techniques to analyse material-limited samples.
- Proficiency in the identification of particulate matter using microscopy and spectroscopic methods across all pharmaceutical platforms.
- Demonstrated understanding of physical characterisation methods.
- Understanding of the principles of solid-state properties and analytical techniques used to characterise them.
- Evidence of excellence in laboratory and experimental skills.
- Proven practical experience in developing project plans with proven successful outcomes.
- Knowledge of the workings of pharmaceutical manufacturing, and associated processes.
- Sound scientific judgement in own work and in problem solving.
- Good awareness of laboratory safety and practises.
- Sound skills in literature searching and application of findings.
- A proven achiever, e.g. targets met, problems solved.
- Able to effectively critique ideas and investigate multiple ideas concurrently, performing key experiments to rapidly identify an appropriate solution own group and project teams.
- Demonstrable project management skills.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Chidozie Orji at +44 207 440 0671 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A leading management consulting firm is advertising a vacancy for a Complaint Analyst II position.
ProClinical is working with a clinical-stage Swiss Biotech company that is seeking a highly qualified Analytical Project Leader to support its CMC product development programs.
RMB ¥0.00 - RMB ¥500000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a job vacancy for a Senior Scientist, Analytical Chemistry
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Scientist - Research Analytical position with a leading biotechnology company that specialises in RNAi therapeutics.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is partnering with a leading management consulting firm to advertise a vacancy for a Research Assistant position.
West Chester, Pennsylvania
ProClinical is partnering with a leading management consulting firm to advertise a vacancy for a Clinical Study Assistant position.
San Dimas, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a QC Chemist II position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Flow Cytometry Associate I position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Bench Scientist III - Vaccines position
ProClinical is partnering with a leading multinational pharmaceutical company