Legal Counsel IndoChina
Position Summary - Purpose and Objectives of the Role
Legal Counsel in Indochina - Assist in protecting the group's legal interests and supporting its local business operations in accordance with applicable laws within the specified zone and scope.
This position would require occasional travels within the Indochina region, and perhaps also Singapore or other countries in ASEAN. Scope of Business / Function - Key Areas of Expertise
1) Providing legal advice and support on the group's day-to-day business activities in Indochina, including but not limited to:
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing and executing agreements and contracts on behalf of group companies,
- Offering advice on variety of legal issues,
- Advising executives within the group companies,
- Working alongside other departments within the group companies,
- Advising on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different deals,
- Researching and anticipating unique legal issues that could impact the group companies,
- Reviewing advertising and marketing materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements,
- Providing training to the group companies on legal topics
- Follow-up and ensuring the proper use and enforcement of group's legal and IP assets.
2) Provide legal advice on regulatory matters: this covers business licenses, monitoring / update of legislation evolution in Thailand and Indochina region.
Develop a network of external legal advisers in Indochina, and liaise with external advisers in Thailand and Indochina region.
3) Assist in providing legal support to M&A projects in the Region.
Ensure proper integration of acquisitions done in Indochina (legal and compliance)
4) Ensure proper corporate administration and governance in all Indochina subsidiaries: follow up of boards and shareholders meetings, company secretary for entities in the covered work scope.
5) Rolling out/applying the Group's legal compliance strategies, policies and guidelines.
Ensure the deployment within Indochina of Group and AMERA legal best practices
6) More generally, escalate risks to direct and functional reports
Key Responsibilities / Terms of Reference - Key Activities & Deliverables
Create a strong and value-add position as legal counsel for Indochina region
Ensure and maintain the basics (corporate administration, governance, compliance…)
Provide solid legal support for business activities in Indochina
Roll out Group's compliance policies and best practices.
Knowledge / Experience
Divisional or BU Experience
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills, along with the ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels of the organization
- Strong negotiating skills with both legal and financial/commercial issues
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships within the organization's legal department and across all businesses
Experience / Track Record
- Must have at least 6-7+ years of experience gained in large law firm and/or in-house in an International MNC
- Must have experience in general corporate and commercial contracts/matters
Experience in manufacturing and distribution business will be a plus
Education / Qualification / Certification
- Must be admitted to recognised bar (preferably lawyer license in Thailand)
- Must have a law degree from a recognized university
English - High/Good level of English proficiency, including speaking, writing and contract drafting will be a must.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Cherry Medrano on +6531593197 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
EA Licence No.: EA13C6865
Registration No: R1110739
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Accountant position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
Als Clinical Application Specialist Surgical Workplaces ben je werkzaam op de afdeling Surgical Workplaces.
Princeton, New Jersey
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Operational Data Steward position with a leading pharmaceutical company that specialises in diabetes care.
An international medical devices company is advertising a vacancy for a Customer Service Representative (Swedish) to join their office in the Netherlands.
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Inclusion & Diversity Project Manager position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
£0.00 - £40000.00 per annum
A global biopharmaceutical company with an impressive track record of success with developing and commercialising important therapies is currently seeking to recruit a Medical Assistant.
A leading bio-pharmaceutical company is partnering with ProClinical to recruit an RA Manager to join their office in Beijing.
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a HRIS Specialist IV position with a leading pharmaceutical research company.
Foster City, California
A leading US biopharmaceutical organisation with a solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas have a new Senior Events Planner job
Newark, New Jersey
ProClinical is partnering with a leading pharmaceutical company to announce a vacancy for a Product Liability Consulting Director position based in New Jersey.
ProClinical is working with a world leading biotechnology company that is seeking a Training Coordinator to be based in Cambridge, MA on contract basis.