Upstream Development Scientist
A leading pharmaceutical recruitment company known for their work in biotherapeutics is advertising a vacancy for an Upstream Development Scientist. The organisation harnesses and energises the natural trafficking capabilities of extracellular vesicles to develop an entirely new biotherapeutic class. By utilising ground-breaking exosome technology, the company aims to revolutionise the treatment of a broad range of severe diseases with profound implications for human health.
The upstream process (USP) development scientist will assist in experimental design, e.g. using a Design of Experiments (DoE) approach and execute experimental programmes (e.g. media/process development) using automated ambr15 system, Wave and stirred tank bioreactor platforms. They will be required to use their knowledge of bioprocessing theory, techniques, and equipment to interpret and perform experimental protocols and studies for the purposes of reporting and analysing data and developing new or modifying existing processes or assays.
- Overseeing Up-stream process development
- Implementing experimental design, e.g. using DoE software
- Executing experiments using ambr15, Wave, stirred tank bioreactors
- Performing the following established procedures including, but not limited to, cell culture (adherent/Suspension), and exosome harvest.
- Producing exosome harvest to support downstream process development and process characterization.
- Adhering to good documentation practices.
- The development scientist will plan their daily work activities, (e.g. the operation of equipment, cell culture, data analysis and report writing) based on experimental plans and time scales set out by their supervisor.
- The development scientist will also be required to recognize, record and inform their supervisor of issues pertaining to particular operational problems or scientific/technical issues relating to their daily work activities.
- Offering suggestions for resolution of technical issues based on experience. The development scientist will be expected to show creativity in resolving issues.
- The development scientist will be required to communicate verbally and in writing within the CMC group.
- Presenting scientific data at internal CMC meetings.
- Writing/revising/reviewing SOP's, risk assessments, protocols, and reports.
- Performing laboratory tasks including general housekeeping, equipment monitoring and maintenance.
- Troubleshooting equipment and methods within the process development and manufacturing teams.
Skills and Requirements:
- BSc or MSc in Biological Sciences/cell biology.
- 1-5 years' experience in a relevant work environment.
- Experience of operating Bioreactor systems (Stirred tank, Wave systems).
- Experience of operating Ambr15 for clone selection, media optimisation and process development would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Charlotte Allen at +44 203 854 2621 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
A speciality biopharmaceutical company is currently recruiting a DSP Development Scientist - Process Characterisation to join their office in Reykjavik
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Histotechnologist position with a leading biotechnology company that specialises in RNAi therapeutics.
Foster City, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Pathobiology Research Associate II position with a leading pharmaceutical research company
Highly Competitive Salary
ProClinical, in support of our client, are seeking an individual to fill the role of Scientist II, based in Boston, MA.
ProClinical is partnering with a leading global pharmaceutical company
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Downstream Bioprocessing Expert position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Upstream Bioprocessing Expert position