Research Associate I
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Research Associate for a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. This is a one-year contract position with strong possibility to extend or convert. Successful candidate will use appropriate experimental procedures to conduct research on assigned vaccine projects.
- Perform immunological, virologic, and molecular biology techniques in accordance with appropriate quality standards.
- Prepare and handle samples, data, and equipment according to standard operating procedures.
- Write and maintain accurate, complete, and timely data in laboratory notebooks.
- Maintain and update inventory of critical reagents and clinical samples.
- Assemble and interpret own data for presentations.
- Review literature and apply findings to interpret and improve data management and experimental design.
- Participate and/or present in meetings and conferences.
- Comply with the Company's safety practices and standard operating procedures.
- Exhibit and promote the Company`s Core Competencies.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS Degree in Physical or Life Sciences and 0-2 years' laboratory experience.
- Possess working knowledge in virology, molecular biology, and/or immunology.
- Ability to work independently with medium supervision as well as collaboratively in team projects.
- Experience working in a GLP environment is preferred
- Experience working in a BSL-2 environment is preferred
- Ability to optimize and implement scientific methods as they pertain to research goals.
- Be well organized and detail oriented, eager to learn, interact cooperatively and effectively with others in a team environment, and consistently demonstrate reliability and responsibility.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills.
- Possess advanced word processing, data entry, data presentation and analysis computer skills.
- Comply with institutional certifications and requirements for working with infectious agents in a BSL-2 environment.
- Manual dexterity required to operate office equipment (i.e. computers, phones, etc.).
- Typical laboratory bending, stooping, lifting requirements apply.
- Lifting and moving supplies and equipment (up to 25 pounds).
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A leading biotechnology company is seeking a Cell-line Development Scientist to join their office in Oxford.
A leading pharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a Biologics Head for their office in Shanghai.
An internationally renowned pharmaceutical organisation is seeking to hire a Clinical BA for their office in Shanghai.
An international biotechnology company is advertising a vacancy for a Head of Fermentation position in their Swiss office.