Proclinical is currently recruiting for a R&D Engineer for a biomedical company located in Hayward, CA. Successful candidate will work with a team of engineers to design components and sub-systems for existing and next generation products.
- System-level and sub-system/sub-assembly level prototyping, integration, characterization and validation.
- Design components, assemblies, and drawings using SolidWorks.
- Generation of instrument and disposable design specifications.
- Design of experiments and experimental hardware to challenge design specifications.
- Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis, and system-level problem solving.
- Participate with all engineering disciplines in design reviews.
- Create fixtures and/or test apparatuses to support manufacturing.
- Interface with vendors and contract manufacturers.
- Generate design documentation.
- Future technology scoping and proof-of-concept investigation.
- May assist in project planning and take project leadership roles.
- Comply with company's Quality System.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or equivalent.
- 3+ years in a multidisciplinary technology development environment required.
- 3+ years in medical device development preferred.
- Perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and competencies.
- Mechanical design experience required.
- SolidWorks experience preferred (2+ years of consistent use).
- Experience analyzing experimental results using statistical techniques required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership.
- Ability to work in fast-paced multi-discipline environment.
- Capable of switching between various tasks on a short notice.
- Hands-on experience in system-level design utilizing sensors, small mechanisms, and microcontrollers preferred.
- Experience using MATLAB preferred.
- Ability to read and understand firmware in C and C++ preferred.
- Ability to write code preferred.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Dean Bagnall at (+1) 415-660-4934 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
A global healthcare solutions company is advertising a vacancy for an R&D Engineer Level 1, based in their office in Ireland.
A global biopharmaceutical company is advertising a vacancy for a C&Q Engineer position in their office in Sweden.
Up to £0.00 per annum
A global biotechnology company is advertising an exciting new job opportunity for a Product Engineer to join their office in Ireland.