Project Development Manager
A leading technology commercialisation company based in London is currently recruiting for a Project Development Manager. ProClinical is pleased to announce that this organisation, which boasts a successful track record and a strong reputation for identifying and protecting promising new technologies and innovations, is advertising this vacancy. The Project Development Manager will be a member of the Partnership and Alliance Management team, providing Project Development support to the company. They will be responsible to the Head of Operations and will undertake and oversee the operational and technical management of various research and commercially related projects that the company is currently commissioning. This is an exciting opportunity to work with a company at the forefront of pharmaceutical research.
- To provide input and advice into the technical feasibility of projects ranging from an early developmental stage to exit, including applicable regulatory route.
- To provide regulatory input into suggested medical device, drug development and gene therapy projects so as to ensure regulatory requirements are captured from the project onset.
- To actively assist and troubleshoot problems in the progression of projects.
- To lead project management activity to ensure timely delivery of allocated project deliverables, which includes overall budget (but not departmental budgeting and administration, which will be the responsibility of the relevant departmental administrator where applicable) and contract monitoring and liaising with external and internal parties.
- To manage and develop time bound projects and related contracts to ensure that the overall programme is delivered in time and efficiently.
- To provide effective service in giving information and advice to company staff and customers.
- To manage their own personal portfolio to ensure that projects are delivered on time and efficiently, including budget and contract monitoring, where applicable.
- To attend regular team meetings and maintain awareness of project progression in the entire portfolio of projects.
- To assist in the preparation of quarterly reports for the company's Board. To provide information and advice to stakeholders and project leads, to enable effective project-related decision making.
- To expertly liaise regularly with and co-ordinate the project activities of involved parties; including grant providers, external funding parties and key stakeholders.
- To actively promote the services of the Project Management Team internally and to key stakeholders in the University by doing presentations to a wide range of audiences.
- Assist in negotiations for the handling of all arising intellectual property, and identifying mechanisms for effective commercialisation, where applicable.
- To play an active role in project teams, assisting the researchers in managing various aspects of the relevant project and demonstrating personal commitment and contribution to effective teamwork across the full range of project activities including the maintenance of effective liaison with external and internal key people and organisations.
- To provide a continuing flow of information to the other project groups regarding general project developments and to respond to other project related queries.
- To ensure that key stakeholders have the information necessary for effective decision making. In addition, the co-ordination of other involved project groups where applicable.
- To liaise regularly with and co-ordinate the activities of the other project groups to ensure that the projects are up to date and that any intellectual property or commercialisation issues are brought to the attention of the relevant key people or technology transfer office.
- To ensure that each project is delivered according to the project plan and funding allocations.
- To assist in the preparation of translational grant funding applications for projects to which the company will provide project management services; including sourcing of service providers, gathering of quotations, setting budgets and timelines.
- To assist academics in writing grant applications.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Previous experience working in the pharmaceutical and/or medical devices industries and have experience in developing, monitoring, completing and overseeing complex projects in device, drug or gene therapy development.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements in either of these industries is advantageous.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Kellie-Marie Saul at +44 203 823 4366 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.