A world-wide contract research organisation, providing a broad range of expertise-based clinical research services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device industries, is currently recruiting an Office Administrator based at their office in Shanghai. This is an exciting opportunity to work for a company with some of the most advanced drugs, biologics, and medical devices in development today.
- Providing high-quality administrative support services to the management team.
- Routine administrative activities include schedule management and meeting bookings for the managers, mailing/courier services, communication liaison, and preparation of PowerPoint presentations, reports, correspondences and agendas, etc.
- Greeting and directing of employees, visitors, and office vendors.
- Managing all incoming calls to the company general phone line including screening and directing calls, taking messages while ensuring knowledge of staff movements in and out of the office.
- Managing office cleaning and plant management services. Identify deficiencies and safety concerns within the office facility, arrange maintenance/resolution of any deficiencies and safety concerns, and coordinate other office vendor services.
- Ensuring the office space is maintained at a high standard for air quality, properly set comfortable temperature and airflow, quiet and brightwork environment that is clean and tidy.
- Providing feedback to the cleaning crew to set a good standard for them to follow.
- Maintaining an employee contact list, telephone list and working hours listing and ensure the master out of office list within outlook is current.
- Reviewing the Everest timekeeping system on a semi-monthly basis in order to ensure accuracy.
- Issuing and revoke access control cards, addressing control questions from central monitoring team, interacting with IT regarding any issues with the access control system.
- Maintaining, reviewing and when required order office supplies such as stationeries and kitchen supplies and beverages. Provide guidance to employees on kitchen equipment usage and maintenance.
- Making business travel arrangements for employees where required. Contribute to the maintenance of the company's business travel policy and guidelines.
- Leading facilities and office clean up and preparation activities in advance of external guest visits to the office and help make local arrangements for visiting guests as required.
- Participating in the planning and execution of company staff social and celebratory events per guidelines.
- Assisting new employee onboarding processes, and the tasks include but not limited to ordering office building access and security cards.
- Setting up employees' work station/desk, preparing draft announcement, preparing draft orientation and training schedule.
- Preparing the new employee handbook and orientation paperwork, ensuring paperwork is completed in a timely manner.
- Scheduling new employee training and orientation activities and following up to make sure new hires fulfil their training requirements and perform office related training.
- AssistingHuman Resources and Accounting with ad hoc tasks when required.
- Taking on ad hoc tasks from the managerial personnel from both Shanghai site and the Corporate Headquarters.
- Assisting with the development of new standards and procedures to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the office management process.
Skills and Requirements:
- A university graduate with a Bachelor's degree.
- Highly professional, motivated and committed individual.
- Previous office experience is an asset.
- A positive, can-do attitude and customer-focused approach.
- A professional appearance, with the ability to deal effectively and courteously with all staff, customers and the general public.
- Attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality.
- Must communicate effectively, orally and in writing, in both Chinese and English with personnel on all professional and administrative levels.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills, acting with a proactive attitude, with the ability to work on one's own initiative.
- Good project management and problem-solving ability, with the capacity to effectively prioritise tasks based on good business sense, and work under pressure.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Lunah Wang at email@example.com or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.