Event Planner II
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Event Planner II position with a global biopharmaceutical company based in the US. The organization prides itself on its solid commercial portfolio of life-saving drugs within a number of therapy areas, along with its pipeline of investigational drugs and an unmatched patient access program. This is an exciting opportunity to work with one of the most prestigious pharmaceutical organizations in the world, joining them in their office in California.
The Event Planner II will join the company's Event Planning team responsible for conferences, meetings, and internal events for the US Commercial Operations team.
- Managing and executing sales meetings, events, and ad hoc meeting requests for company participants.
- Partnering with stakeholders on sales event planning (national meetings, mid-year meetings, launches) to ensure business needs are met and partnering with lead planners and vendors to ensure alignment across the event and multiple therapeutic areas.
- Leading logistical planning for pre-event, onsite execution, and post event surveys and debriefs.
- Executing RFPs, venue sourcing, and site selection for best fit locations.
- Effectively negotiating contracts for hotels, venues, and vendors.
- Planning, selecting, and managing all food and beverages for events (hotels, caterers, restaurants, etc.)
- Sourcing and overseeing vendors for all production and audio-visual elements appropriate for events.
- Interfacing with internal marketing teams and external vendors to schedule projects, keeping projects on track, and meeting deadlines with successful outcomes.
- Managing pre-event communications; proofing and editing communications, including websites and onsite materials.
- Managing registration (invite lists, attendee management, rooming lists, naming badges).
- Managing planning meetings that involve cross-functional teams.
- Developing and managing project timelines and ensuring all deadlines are met.
- Budgeting responsibility including creating accurate budgets, tracking costs, initiating purchase orders, invoicing approval, and tracking spending against budgets, whilst being accountable for accurate cross charge and DIS reporting, and final budget reconciliation.
- Managing vendors to ensure vendor deliverables and timelines are successfully met to expectation.
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- A BS or BA degree in event management or hospitality.
- At least 7 years of related conference/event management, or related event management experience.
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP) a desirable bonus.
- Proven event planning and project management experience, with knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and principles.
- Experience in biotech/pharma a plus.
- At least 10 years in Regulatory Affairs in a global pharmaceutical and/or Biotechnology Company, with expertise in commercial biologics/large molecules and a deep understanding of lifecycle as well as Phase I-III.
- A thorough understanding of relevant drug development regulations and guidelines.
- Prior success with communication and influencing global teams on matters of EU Reg CMC strategy for commercial and development programs.
- Prior success filing marketing applications, supplements, and variations for biologic products within timelines; global submission experience desired.
- A thorough understanding of complex biological manufacturing processes and experience in assessing post-approval changes is required.
- Experience with small molecules is beneficial.
- Capable of travelling for 30% of the role.
- Demonstrable multitasking, project management, and execution skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, including communication, presentation, persuasion, and influence.
- Good organisational skills, including efficiency, punctuality, and collaboration in a team environment.
- Proficiency with computer skills, such as MS Office.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Allison Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Princeton, New Jersey
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Customer Care Associate position
£0.00 - £120000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Director, Ethics & Compliance position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an APAC Legal Counsel position
Up to £0.00 per annum
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Accountant/Supplier Master Data Analyst position
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Paralegal at a leading US biopharmaceutical organization
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Senior Payroll Analyst position
€0.00 - €60000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Pharmacy Architect position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Office Coordinator position with a leading biotechnology company that specialises in RNAi therapeutics.
£0.00 - £20.00 per hour
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Training & Diagnostics Administrator position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Data Migration Specialist