Sr. Research Associate, Protein Biochemistry
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Research Associate of Protein Biochemistry with a global immuno-oncology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will serve a critical strategic role in ongoing technology development project that relate to producing, purifying and characterizing various proteins used by research teams. In addition, the successful candidate will be expecting to serve as an intellectual leader/resource for other group members in the context of and functions as a conduit for fruitful collaborations across the company.
- Research scale production of proteins from bacterial expression systems
- Protein purification by chromatography and other filtration methods
- Analysis and characterization of proteins using SDS-PAGE,, Western-Blot, IEF
- Enzymatic labeling (e.g. biotinylation, fluorophore labeling) of proteins to generate reagents from downstream assays
- Improvement of current processes and implementation for new technologies
- Assist in laboratory operation duties for the group , such as inventory management and organization
- Train members of the biochemistry team and other colleagues in the company as applicable
- Track and compile methods and results in an electronic laboratory notebook
- Regular presentation of results to wider research teams and other key stakeholders
Skills and Requirements:
- MS in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or similar field
- At least 2 years post-educational laboratory experience
- Strong skill set and hands-on experience in protein production via bacterial expression systems
- Exposure/training in protein purification and characterization is desirable, but not required
- Good understanding of structure-function relationship of proteins and knowledge of protein biochemistry would be beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and communicate data to colleagues
- Able to work both independently and on teams to deliver against timelines
- Excellent attention to details, goal oriented, data driven and good organizational and communication skills (written and verbal), with a pro-active mentality
- Strong inclination towards learning new techniques and developing new and strategic collaborations
- Strong independent problem solving and troubleshooting skills, and ability to contribute constructively to scientific discussions
- Resilience and adaptability to priority changes and work in the fast-paced biotech industry
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 929-388-1651 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.