Sourcing Manager - Senior
ProClinical is pleased to announce a new vacancy for a Sourcing Manager - Senior with one of the world's most renowned pharmaceutical companies. This company, which prides itself on its work across a range of industries from medical devices to pharmaceutical and consumer goods, is seeking for a capable and experienced incumbent to join their family in Switzerland. This position is expected to run for a long period of time, with an approval until the end of 2020 at the earliest.
The Sourcing Project Manager will develop, execute, and support category strategies and development, along with support category strategies and development, source components, and manage supplier relationships for the metals, electronics, and packaging categories within specific projects.
The Sourcing Project Manager will also lead sourcing projects for selection for purchases for materials and services, assist internal customers in locating and selecting suppliers for purchases per category strategies, negotiate prices, develop and administer contracts for strategic suppliers, develop and improve large spend category strategies and major business processes, such as business continuity and supplier selection, deliver annual improvements in total cost, quality, and service, and support sites as needed.
- Developing an expertise in the business needs and capabilities for major spend categories or key business processes per project.
- Keeping up with supply market trends, supplier economics, and best practice sourcing.
- Ensuring training on and compliance with relevant company procedures.
- Reporting performance data for assigned categories or key business processes.
- Communicating, monitoring, and aggressively managing compliance with the sourcing strategy or business process.
- Establishing close working relationships with other functions, such as engineering, operations, marketing, and quality, to ensure full understanding and support of strategic sourcing perspective to key processes.
- Tracking and managing supplier performances and ensuring that performance issues are quickly addressed.
- Identifying sources of data for performance metrics, creating a process to collect data, and championing the collection efforts.
- Championing annual productivity improvements by leading internal & joint supplier/teams pursuing cost reduction opportunities in alignment with the sourcing strategy, such as lowering inventory levels, increasing yields, improving supplier operations, etc.
- Contributing to the continuous development of sourcing knowledge base and best practice by identifying and implementing sourcing pockets of excellence.
- Partnering with key stakeholders and partners to address technical issues for components and processes.
- Knowing and following all laws and policies to one's job, and maintaining the highest levels of professionalism, ethics, and compliance at all times.
- Diligently participating in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or our Chief Compliance Officer.
Skills and Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in logistics, business administration, operations, or equivalent experience at a minimum. An MBA is preferred.
- Certifications in B34APICS (American Production & Inventory Control Society) or CPM (Certified Purchasing Manager) preferred.
- 6-8 years of procurement/sourcing experience, preferably in an international environment.
- 4-6 years of Materials/Supply Chain experience.
- Experience in Medical Devices/Med-tech a desirable advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills in an international matrix environment, including communication, influencing, and negotiation.
- Capable of forming relationships with senior management level stakeholders.
- A stress-resistant mindset that utilises holistic thinking.
- Fluency in English, with additional languages an advantage.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Andrea Rotmistrovsky on +44 03 854 0675 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Regional Operations Manager position
ProClinical is currently recruiting for a Supplier Quality Engineer
Somerville, New Jersey
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Supply Coordinator position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Supplier Contracting Services (SCS) - Integration Lead
ProClinical is working with a leading biotechnology company that is seeking an Associate Director, Drug Supply Management to be based in Boston on a permanent basis.
position to join an internationally known pharmaceutical organisation.