Senior Lab Tech Molec Bio
Proclinical is currently recruiting a Senior Lab Technician for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will be responsible for performing assays and related activities within the testing facility to support manufacturing, as well as standard, and custom testing following cGMP Guidelines.
- Perform assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines, and SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques for the lab group assigned to.
- Perform laboratory support functions to help ensure lab is operational and contribute to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Adhere to and understands the importance of Good Manufacturing Practices and standard operating procedures, including Good Documentation Practices.
- Perform basic Standard Operating Procedures revisions and Reagent Preparation Records as needed to accurately reflect testing procedures.
- Complete recording of data in instrument logbooks and lab cleaning forms to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Attend daily lab meeting on a regular basis and escalate issues/concerns at that forum to the supervisor for further investigation.
- Perform revisions to existing documents following the DCR process.
- Provide operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment maintenance.
- Support technical transfer of assays from client to Technical Development to Operations; support additional research level testing activities.
- Contribute to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals.
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Regulations, International Standards, and our Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS with a major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major including lab courses involving work with nucleic acids.
- Experience in aseptic processing techniques a plus.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Clarity of vision at near and mid-ranges (less than 20 feet), depth perception and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Based on work assignment, may be recommended to have medical testing in accordance with the company's Occupational Health Program.
- Proficient in Verbal & Written communication skills
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work in an office environment with minimal noise conditions.
- Must be able to work in Lab setting with Biohazards /various Chemicals
- Ability to push/pull 25lbs routinely/ often / occasionally
- Clarity of Vision
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors
- Must be able to perform activities with repetitive motions
- Ability to climb step stools/stairs
- Ability to enter refrigerators/freezers of varying temperatures (5°C to -80°C)
- Inside working conditions
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Mike Raletz at (+1) 267-428-7770 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.