Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist with a pharmaceutical company located in Cranbury, NJ.
- Under limited supervision, individually performs routine laboratory techniques and procedures.
- Receives specific instructions on assigned task and expected results.
- Delivers accurate results on assigned tasks within the expected timeframe.
- Understands the study and method, troubleshoots unexpected results.
- Maintains research notebooks in a well-organized manner. All necessary documentation is recorded.
- Performs routine calculations; tabulates, and records results.
- Prepares various types of solutions used in the laboratory.
- Prepares accurate routine data summary with minimal supervision.
- Maintains and calibrates laboratory equipment.
- Complies with all safety rules, practices good housekeeping, and maintains safe workplace without supervision.
- Learns and enhances technical knowledge of pharmaceutical areas, DMPK, ADME, In Life, Metabolism, and Bioanalysis.
- Follows company's safety policies, practices and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment.
- Is proficient in sample preparation, sample processing and sample analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in chemistry or closely related physical science with 0 - 3 years Laboratory experience or associate degree and more than 6 years related experience or equivalent education, or equivalent work experience
- Cell culture experience is a plus
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Has a basic understanding of scientific discipline
- Ability to perform preliminary lab work with supervision after training
- Ability to follow instructions to perform required procedures
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within drug discovery and development R&D laboratory settings
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Good oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Good time management skill in order to perform of multiple projects within deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.