Scientist II - Biophysical Characterization
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist II/III for a multinational biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will develop biophysical methods for the characterization of gene therapy products.
- Develop novel methods for the characterization of biopharmaceuticals.
- Interfaces with other groups to help them answer structural/functional questions about their biotherapeutic samples.
- Support internal and partner projects to deliver required biophysical data that is an integral part of regulatory filings.
- Evaluate new technologies for the characterization of AAV aggregates and the quantitation of empty-to-full particle ratios.
- Evaluate the applicability of adjacent-flow field flow fractionation (AFFFF or AF4) for the separation of AAV particles from their aggregates.
- Study the applicability of light scattering techniques (dynamic and static light scattering) for the quantitation of empty and full particles.
- Work with external vendor to evaluate their AF4 technology and its ability to separate AAV particles from its aggregates.
- Evaluate different light scattering technologies for the quantitation of empty-to-full particle ratios.
- Design experiments, write protocols, perform biophysical analyses, analyze the data, and generate reports.
- Attend internal meetings focused on the biophysical characterization of biomolecules.
- Work with external partners to develop new biophysical methods.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS with 3 years of experience or MS with no experience.
- Desired majors include: biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology, biochemical engineering or equivalent.
- Theoretical background in separation and light scattering technologies is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Zachary Hines at (+1) 215-531-6914 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.
An excellent multinational healthcare company is seeking a skilled Research Scientist to be based in their office in of Basel.