Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Scientist role with a leading pharmaceutical company in North Chicago, IL. Successful candidates will hold experience with analytical HPLC and mass spectrometry, as well as a scientific degree.
- Operate and maintain analytical and preparative scale HPLC instrumentation.
- Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting
- Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards and safe laboratory practices.
- Analysis of samples from medicinal chemistry projects by analytical HPLC and LC-MS.
- Purification of samples from medicinal chemistry projects on a milligram to gram scale by preparative HPLC.
- Keep accurate and current records of research and/or project related activities according to company policies.
Skills and Requirements:
- MS, or BS in Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or closely related field with 0+ years (MS); or 2+ years (BS) of job-related experience.
- Hands-on experience with analytical HPLC, preparative HPLC, and mass spectrometry.
- Ability to operate and troubleshoot a variety of hardware/software platforms.
- Proven effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with scientists and engineers.
- Experience in synthetic organic chemistry and the ability to communicate effectively with medicinal chemistry project teams.
- Experience with instrument troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with demonstrated ability to work within a team environment.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nadine Rucci at (+1) 215-531-5281 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.