ProClinical is working with a clinical-stage Swiss Biotech company that is seeking a highly qualified Analytical Project Leader to support its CMC product development programs. We are seeking an experienced Ph.D. level scientist with a deep understanding of generating recombinant antibodies including classical, fragment and multi-specific formats.
The Antibody Engineer's mission is to enable the development of innovative molecules as therapeutic and vaccine candidates for the treatment of patients with neurodegenerative disease.
The candidate will have the opportunity to participate in cross functional teams focused on the development of biotherapeutic drugs, and to mentor external projects and collaborations. The ideal candidate is a highly independent and motivated team player who will foster close cross functional interactions and alignment with colleagues supporting discovery, preclinical and clinical development of the company's portfolio.
- Serve as a source of state-of-the-art scientific knowledge in the field of therapeutic antibodies; exert influence on research direction and the choice of experimental approaches taken
- Utilize cutting edge knowledge and technologies to design and generate recombinant antibodies (e.g. identification of VH/VL sequences, choice of lead sequence, recloning on an appropriate backbone, backmutation analysis, preparation of double gene vectors)
- Design and implement strategies for humanization of mouse/rat antibodies
- Identify and implement innovative technology platforms in the field of therapeutic antibodies
- Record, analyse and communicate scientific data to supervisor/manager and project teams with clear interpretation of results and proposed next steps
- Deliver data that will support filing and execution of patent applications
- Contribute to the new target selection process that is centred on providing innovative approaches to address unmet patient needs
- Participate in project teams and mentor external collaborations
- Take day-to-day managerial responsibility for direct reports
- Maintain high laboratory standards with regard to quality, safety and general laboratory housekeeping Antibody Engineer Scientist
Skills and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in life sciences (or related discipline)
- Minimum 5-year experience of antibody engineering in a biopharma setting involved in the drug discovery and target validation process
- Expertise in molecular biology
- Knowledge of manufacturing antibodies
- Supervisory experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit
- High proficiency in written and spoken English
- Relevant and recent publication record
- Co-inventor on patents
- Recognized as scientific expert in the field of therapeutic antibodies and is truly up to date with the current state of the field
- Is currently active in bench-based, hands-on research
- Has a truly enquiring and innovative mind that lends itself to the development of solutions to complicated and complex problems without obvious paths of enquiry
- Ability to critically appraise scientific literature in order to identify potential technologies and impact practical and strategic approaches to projects
- Strong understanding of the principals of antibody scaffolds
- Strong experience in the use and application of engineering antibodies for clinical use
- Good interpersonal skills to coordinate a small team of scientists and/or a multi-disciplinary team
- Ability to manage internal and external collaborations and initiatives
- Ability to contribute to project teams, with clearly defined critical paths, milestones and timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to present scientific and strategic summaries to working groups and governance committees
- Capability to challenge assumptions and critically interpret data
- Pharmaceutical or biotech experience
- Humanization expertise
- Project management experience
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Alannah Chauhan on +44 203 861 8210 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
£0.00 - £60000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Biostatistical Programming Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Associate Manager, Business Development
€0.00 - €150000.00 per annum
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Head of Research and Development Quality
An international health consulting company is seeking applicants for an RA Specialist vacancy
San Mateo, California
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Administrative Assistant
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for an Operations Regulatory CMC Analyst
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Drug Safety Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Regulatory Affairs Manager
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Compliance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Quality Assurance Specialist III position
ProClinical is advertising a vacancy for a Brand Insights Manager vacancy