Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Organic Chemist with a pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Work as part of a highly productive team to synthesize developable drug molecules based on selection results.
- ELT Chemistry plays a key role in developing and evolving increasingly efficient strategies to accelerate the critical stages of hit identification and hit-to-lead chemistry, which in turn will transition higher quality molecules into lead optimization.
- Implement workflows in medicinal chemistry, compound design and high throughput chemistry.
- Support small molecule portfolio and investment.
Skills and Requirements:
- Completed a BS/MS in organic chemistry and/or a PhD in organic chemistry
- Candidate must be eligible to work in the US at the time of, and for the duration of their employment.
- Individual will be required to furnish evidence of US work authorization
- Must be available to work full-time (40 hours/week)
- The candidate should have extensive theoretical understanding and laboratory experience in the area of organic chemistry (methodology and/or synthesis), and skills in synthesis, purification, and characterization of organic compounds.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Evidence of leadership and teamwork skills, and outstanding creativity and problem-solving skills
- Broad knowledge and understanding of organic reactions, recent methodologies, reaction mechanisms, and awareness of recent developments in the literature
- Experience in reaction telescoping, flow chemistry, streamlined mix-synthesis, oligonucleotide synthesis (solution and solid phase), and/or novel combinatorial chemistry e.g. DOS, oligosaccharide, and natural products.
- Understanding of affinity-based selection, e.g. DNA encoded libraries, ASMS, or combinatorial mixtures in parallel or on beads.
- Motivated and driven to tackle new synthetic challenges and to design and develop time and cost-saving synthetic strategies
- Demonstrated laboratory experience in analytical instrumentation particularly LC/MS and HPLC
- Good understanding of key medicinal chemistry concepts including Hit confirmation, Hit to Lead process and proficiency with structure-activity relationship (SAR) study assessment.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sarah Beshara at 267-477-3355.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.