Microbial Development Biologist
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Microbial Development Biologist with a global pharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will be responsible for experimental planning and execution of experiments in the microbiology process development laboratory. Additionally, this position will support the experimental work of other process development scientists. The candidate will be responsible for keeping a complete and accurate laboratory notebook, and reporting data to the team, both orally and in written form.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under supervision.
- Responsible for supporting technical aspects of a project.
- Prepares or assists in preparing experimental protocols.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data internally (e.g., to supervisor, project teams) and prepares written reports as required.
- Proposes and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues.
- Designs experiments/unit operations with supervision including follow up experiments as necessary.
- Serves as a laboratory resource for others working on the same projects.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years of Microbiome/biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience in upstream process development for anaerobic microorganisms.
- Master's degree or higher in microbiology, molecular biology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ year of Microbiome/biotechnology/biopharmaceutical industry experience in upstream process development for anaerobic microorganisms.
- The candidate must have a knowledge of general microbiology and expertise in microbiome, fermentation scale-up.
- Prior experience with anaerobes is a plus.
- Some knowledge of cell and molecular biological, and biochemical techniques such as qPCR assays, DNA sequence data analysis, protein purification, FACS operation & analysis, etc. is considered a plus.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to participate in troubleshooting critical issues or problems.
- Teamwork - Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment.
- Communication - Able to expresses one's self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents.
- Organization - Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and can successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously .
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use.
- Technical - Advanced proficiency in use of applicable lab equipment and operations.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Nikki Ranieri at (+1) 215-531-5288 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.