Laboratory Technician I, QC
Proclinical is recruiting for a Laboratory Technician for a global pharmaceutical company located in Philadelphia, PA. Successful candidate will be responsible for performing assays and related activities within the testing facility to support manufacturing, as well as standard, and custom testing following cGMP Guidelines.
- Perform assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines, and SOPs using appropriate laboratory techniques for the lab group assigned to.
- Perform laboratory support functions (e.g. materials stocking function) to help ensure lab is operational and contributes to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals and objectives.
- Adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices, and standard operating procedures, including Good Documentation Practices.
- Perform basic Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) revisions and Reagent Preparation Records as needed to accurately reflect testing procedures.
- Complete recording of data in instrument logbooks and lab cleaning forms to comply with regulatory requirements.
- Attend the daily lab meeting on a regular basis and escalate issues/concerns at that forum to the supervisor for further investigation.
- Provide operational support for testing activities including reagent preparation, cleaning activities, and equipment maintenance.
- Work under close supervision from supervisor or senior personnel.
- Ability to work in a team environment and independently as required
- Technician is required to work the assigned schedule.
- Contribute to the overall operations and to the achievement of departmental goals
Skills and Requirements:
- BS with major in Biology, Chemistry or related Science major including lab courses involving work with nucleic acids.
- Experience in aseptic processing techniques a plus.
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages and basic algebraic and geometric calculations.
- Clarity of vision at near and mid-ranges (less than 20 feet), depth perception and ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Must be able to wear appropriate clean room attire (i.e. surgical masks) and all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Works in production environment with exposure to latex and bleach. Potential exposure to noise and equipment hazards (i.e. vacuum pumps, pressurized vessels), dangerous materials (i.e. chemicals, solvents, pathogens), freezer burns, allergens and strong odors.
- Need to be able to read, write and understand English
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Maya Smith at (+1) 267-405-6995 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.