Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Laboratory Manager with a biotechnology company located in Cambridge, MA.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and implementing operational improvements.
- Ability to lead/influence others without authority.
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to create content with a deep understanding of industry-specific subject matter and company standards.
- Excellent decision-making, communication, and collaboration skills with proven cross-functional and multi-level relationship building skills.
- Maintain equipment inventory, coordinate and follow up PM and repair services.
- Support equipment acquisitions (include collecting quotes for CapEx items), coordinate installations and user trainings.
- Serve as a main contact person to set up and oversee Lab-Watch alarm system for all essential instrument.
- Establish and manage user's calendar for commonly used instrument.
- Establish and manage training and care for advanced equipment.
- Oversee POU service performance.
- Actively update stocking list according to usage and need change.
- Tracking POU expense and item delivery.
- Purchase lab and office supplies that is in complement to POU.
- Manage lab cleaning schedule (includes lab space, commonly used lab instrument, freezers and Deli refrigerators).
- Manage all common lab stocks and maintain inventory.
- Organize lab space and coordinate potential lab expansion or relocation.
- Serve as a point-of-contact person for team to interact with IT department for software subscription, technical updates, etc.
- Support new hire onboard process and coordinate data transfer and storage during offboarding.
- Coordinate shipping and delivery request for team members as needed.
- Serve as EHS safety officer, conduct quarterly laboratory safety inspection and ensure safety compliance.
- Serve as emergency evacuation coordinator.
- Provide leadership with a plan in emergency situations, overseeing logistics related to essential staff and ongoing work.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in life sciences.
- 7+ years of experience in an industry setting with a focus on laboratory process improvement, operational administration, and/or interdepartmental collaboration.
- Extensive experience in a wide breadth of BSL2 level in-vitro/in-vivo practices.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Nikki Ranieri at 215-531-5288.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.