Head of Gene Therapy Technologies
We are seeking a Head of Gene Therapy New Technologies to join a patient-focused biopharma company that focused on the development of transformative technologies. We are seeking a highly motivated leader with substantial experience in vector design and gene therapy drug development experience to join advance our gene therapy research efforts.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team the Head of Gene Therapy Technologies will be responsible and accountable for leading a team of Technology Leads that contributes to discovery research and technology gene therapy (GT) projects. The incumbent will lead the team to continue to establish collaborations across multiple line functions to progress GT projects in a highly matrixed manner.
- Provide leadership to a team to conduct new technologies and external collaboration projects.
- Responsible and accountable for appropriate decision making, data interpretations of the results of studies conducted by self and team members.
- Ensure cross team collaboration within Global Gene Therapy to obtain required resources to enable efficient progression of GT projects.
- Enable team members to cross collaborate within the Global Gene Therapy team, multiple Discovery Disease Units, global research platforms, Pharmaceutical Sciences and other departments.
- Constantly oversees project progression, experimental prioritization and communicate effectively to leadership teams in a timely manner.
- Ability to balance multiple projects under a demanding timeline while providing guidance to a team of scientists.
- Evaluation of business development opportunities to support the GT and R&D portfolio and strategy across multiple therapeutic areas by conducting due diligence evaluations, and propose and negotiation of research plans.
- Serves as the subject matter expert to critically assess external Gene therapy therapeutic assets and enabling technologies and provide comprehensive evaluation from technical, business and strategic perspectives.
- Provides strategic input on how to combine multiple sources of external collaboration technologies to advance capabilities of the Gene Therapy Research Team in contributing to generating competitive and differentiating gene therapy products.
- Responsible for input into decisions related to external studies, assessing the technical feasibility, contribute to experimental designs that would yield meaningful outcome that would allow the making of data-driven go/no-go recommendation.
- Generation of budget and timeline proposals in conjunction with internal and/or external teams.
- Attend relevant scientific conferences and stay on top of literature publication to remain current in relevant research areas.
- Accountable for the development of organizational culture and capabilities.
- Responsible for management of resourcing and budget planning for his/her area of focus.
Skills and Requirements:
- PHD degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years of research experience, including 7 years of industry experience required. Prior managerial experience is also required.
- Prior experience in gene therapy drug development experience using different molecular mechanisms (gene transfer, regulation and/or editing) with delivery vehicles including but not limited to viral and non-viral delivery with an in vivo and/or ex vivo approach.
- Previous experience successfully leading an external collaboration (academic and/or industry) involving design of study plan, oversees execution and frequent evaluation of results to provide decision recommendations. Demonstration of successful go/no-go decision in asset and technologies in-licensing would be a plus.
- Understanding of compliance and work with external collaborators with a mindset of documentation requirement needed for further utilization of data in future regulatory filing. Prior experience in leading and/or involvement in successful technology and data transfer from external partner to internalize project is a plus.
- Diplomacy and positive influencing abilities with excellent communication skills are essential for this role.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Max Robinson at (+1) 617-903-7746 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.