Director, Business Development
Proclinical has partnered with a world leading organisation in search for a talented Director of Business Development to oversee the EU region. We are seeking a motivated life scientist to apply their knowledge to new business opportunities. You will be expected to address customers, clients and other colleagues when necessary.
- Develop opportunities and close deals by understanding customer's requirements, presenting and structuring a business and scientific framework and writing proposals to meet customer needs and to achieve business development objectives for the assigned territory.
- Coordinate and attend meetings, including virtual meetings, in person meetings, customer site visits and phone meetings, with current or potential customers, internal Company personnel and others to meet customer needs and to achieve revenue targets for the assigned territory.
- Build and maintain strong internal and external customer relationships, identifying current and future needs and aligning these with the capabilities and strategy of the business.
- Manage and execute the RFI/RFP processes including interactions with both sales and technical staff.
- Rapidly develop an in-depth understanding of the company's products and services, and the impact that these have on customer projects at different stages of development.
- Drive additional revenue opportunities from within existing company relationships through targeted follow-ups, ensuring customers extract maximum value from current interactions.
- Answer web enquiries and follow up with contacts for other potential business development opportunities.
- New business development through prospecting of potential target customers.
- Attend Company meetings, key conferences and workshops.
- Maintain company's CRM
- BS degree in life sciences required. Advanced degree in life sciences preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of experience within the biotech or pharmaceutical industry and minimum of 2 years of relevant business development experience. Some experience with ADME-Tox preferred.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects efficiently with a high degree of independence.
- Strong knowledge of the licensing/business development landscape. Good understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process.
- Ability to develop deal structures, write proposals and working knowledge of industry deal trends.
- The ability to gain and maintain the confidence of internal and external stakeholders and customers by consistently meeting deadlines and delivering on commitments.
- Ability to work well with multi-disciplinary teams to ensure cross-functional collaboration.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.