A Fantastic new role has just opened up for a Construction Manager, at one of our leading Swiss based clients. This is an exciting opportunity to join a hard-working team working on exciting projects in the pharmaceutical sector. This is a 12-month contract role with the possibility of an extension.
- Monitor and ensure compliant construction execution; analyse, initiate and manage corrective measures to mitigate risks.
- Coordinate the construction staff incl. contractors and partners; Monitor and readily adjust the staffing of the construction as necessary.
- Initiate and chair construction site meetings, brief contractors on construction site conditions.
- Review and approve the regular construction reports (e.g. weekly, monthly) and forward to the CAPEX Project Manager.
- Review and approve revisions to the construction schedule.
- Implement design changes in consent with the Technical Team and the Project Management.
- Review and approve work completion and acceptance certificates in cooperation with CQV, operations as well as contractors.
- Execution of regular site inspections regarding EHS, progress and schedule aspects and participation in other inspections, e.g. with authorities, Clients and contractor's management.
- Cooperation in the preparation and execution of internal construction site audits.
- Ensure that the first-aid book is kept regularly (if applicable) and handed over to the medical service at the end of the construction project.
- Ensure the adherence to the construction contracts and their specifications.
- Verify acceptance of the work and check acceptance records for each construction contract.
- Coordinate the "Completion Management" and monitor the handling of punch lists, ensure closure.
- Assist with the collation of the final construction 'as-built' documentation.
- Assist the CAPEX project manager with the preparation and execution of internal site audits.
- Ensure that the CM Team align their capacity to the project and are available throughout, as required.
- Inform the CM Team in regular project meetings about the status, essential project events and challenges, developments and lessons learned.
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelor's degree (4 year) or higher in Engineering/Science (e.g. Mechanical, Construction) preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years or more Construction programs experience in Chemical / Pharmaceutical / Industrial Engineering EPC projects.
- Advanced knowledge of construction industry practices, and regulatory agency requirements. Worked within the construction industry, with a clear preference for pharmaceutical industry experience.
- In-depth knowledge of Swiss and European codes and standards.
- Eight plus years related construction management experience overseeing manufacturing environments.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.