Computational Research Scientist
Proclinical are recruiting for a Computational Research Scientist to join an organisation. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in Scotland.
- Cooperate with associates and their business development team to comprehend unique needs, guaranteeing maximum value delivery.
- Novel extensively to leverage their drug discovery abilities efficiently.
- You will develop tools, algorithms and abilities to design innovative molecules that surpass partner expectations.
- Guide in chemical intelligence, outlining drug discover methods, and distributing solutions for drug design, library production and molecular properties predictions.
- The ideal candidate will analyse chemical and experimental data to assist with method development.
- Execute experimental R&D algorithms into deployable software products.
- Partake in the development of a transformative stack designed to capture and exploit chemical data for materials problem-solving.
- Display discoveries and suggestions to the leadership team and partners.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to an advanced degree level in a chemistry, biochemistry, computational chemistry, biophysics or corresponding.
- Demonstrated experience in computational drug discovery within a pharmaceutical or biotechnological organisation.
- Knowledge of computer-aided drug discovery practices, which involves modelling, docking, quantum mechanics calculations or DFT.
- Competent in programming languages, for example: Python, with know-how of scientific computing libraries and machine-learning libraries.
- Familiarity with guiding interdisciplinary teams and delivering outcomes under tight deadlines would be beneficial.
- Acquaintance with large structured and unstructured dataset analysis.
- Expertise on database tools such as RDBMS or NO-SQL.
- Previous involvement with version control and CI/CD pipelines.
- As sold work ethic with the ability to adapt to innovative practices.
- An enthusiastic individual capable of partaking in the expansion of a pioneering organisation.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Joshua Bye at firstname.lastname@example.org
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.