Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a global pharmaceutical company located in Redwood City, CA. Successful candidate will have at least a Bachelor's degree in a scientific-related field and experience with the development of biochemical or cell-based assays for compound profiling.
- Development and implementation of biochemical and cellular assays.
- Program and operate custom-integrated automation systems.
- Perform data analysis, reporting and integration with database software.
- Work with project and department team members to develop and optimize assays to support drug discovery efforts across multiple therapeutic areas including oncology and inflammatory diseases.
- Support lead identification and optimization efforts by providing assay development and high throughput biology expertise.
Skills and Requirements:
- BS or equivalent degree and a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in industry, with direct experience in assay development and high-throughput screening.
- Specific experience with the development of biochemical or cell-based assays for compound profiling.
- Strong tissue culture experience would be a plus: transient/stable cell transfection, primary cells and transformed human cell lines.
- Excellent computer skills with experience with data analysis.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and have strong communication skills.
- Must be collaborative and have the ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to manage several projects at any given time, work successfully in a cross-functional team environment and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing to a variety of audiences.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Catherine Nguyen at (+1) 215-531-5643 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.