Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist Drug Development with a biotechnology company located in North Chicago, IL.
- Conduct routine, low, medium and high-volume in vitro drug metabolism screening assays leveraging the use of laboratory automation.
- Lower throughput assays will also be executed.
- Partner with senior staff to understand the rationale behind the protocols, running the assays, and data analysis. Assays may include microsomal stability, protein binding, permeability, CYP inhibition, and CYP induction assays.
- Generate precise, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner and should demonstrate strong data interpretation skills and be able to note significant deviations and troubleshoot appropriately.
- Independently perform routine drug metabolism assays and generate high quality data, noting significant deviations to be elevated to senior staff.
- Operate laboratory liquid handling automation platforms and effectively troubleshoot when issues arise.
- Collaborate with department team members including Bioanalytical counterparts to ensure seamless and timely execution of in vitro drug metabolism studies.
- Learn drug metabolism assays including but not limited to microsomal and hepatocyte stability, CYP Inhibition, PAMPA, and protein binding. * Interact with scientists at all levels and effectively communicate results.
Skills and Requirements:
- S or M.S in Biology, Chemistry, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or related field and 1+ years of experience in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Familiarity with DMPK assays
- Experience with liquid handling systems such as Hamilton, Beckman and/or Tecan is highly desired.
- Experience with multi-channel electronic and manual pipettors
- Ability to follow established scientific protocols without deviation and willing to bring concerns to Sr. Staff
- Highly motivated individual with attention to detail and a proven ability to work cross functionally.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative fast-paced team environment.
- Passion for data analysis, solving technical problems and applying new technologies to further scientific goals.
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Dominic Santoro at 215-531-5280.
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.