Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Associate Scientist with a biopharmaceutical company located in Cambridge, MA. Successful candidate will utilize analytical instrumentation such as UV-Vis spectroscopy, HPLC, and LC-MS for the analysis of both crude and purified synthetic products.
- Prepare siRNA duplexes and QC of siRNA to support research and drug discovery.
- Analyze and develop analytical method of newly chemically modified oligonucleotides (single strands and siRNA duplexes).
- Improve upon existing analytical methods and processes to expand the current capabilities.
- Support siRNA formulation development for ocular and CNS applications.
- Utilize analytical instrumentation such as UV-Vis spectroscopy, HPLC, and LC-MS for the analysis of both crude and purified synthetic products. Effectively aid in troubleshooting synthetic/process issues and independently find solutions.
- Improve upon and/or develop new methods and automation for the downstream processing of synthetic oligonucleotides and their subsequent analysis/purification and annealing into siRNA duplexes.
- Analyze, interpret, and organize analytical data to present to team members.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, or a related scientific field, in addition to work experience, preferably in an industrial setting.
- Experience with instrumentation such as HPLC, LC-MS, UV-Vis spectrometry, etc. is required.
- Experience in developing new chromatographic methods (IEX/RP HPLC, SPE, LC-MS) is a plus.
- Experience in solid-phase synthesis of biomolecules and a good understanding of the procedures involved in SPS are preferred.
- Complete record-keeping and excellent laboratory documentation practice (electronic notebook) are required.
- Strong commitment to high laboratory and scientific standards and the ability to maintain a safe, clean, and orderly laboratory work environment and assist in routine lab and equipment maintenance, vendor contract and requisitions.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Amanda Rivera at (+1) 267-435-8555 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.