Analytical Chemist I
Proclinical is currently recruiting for an Analytical Chemist I with a pharmaceutical company located in Durham, NC. Successful candidate will be responsible for troubleshooting and investigating out of specification results.
- Perform analytical testing on all incoming Raw Materials as per our reduced testing program as well as an annual full testing using USP/NF, FCC, Pharmacopoeia and methodology.
- Responsible for the disposition of raw materials, intermediates, batches, and finished products in a timely manner. Data entry of test results. Investigate out of specification results. Support method and/or product transfer and NPI activity as necessary. Preparation, documentation and maintenance of test solutions and standards.
- Maintain, calibrate, and validate laboratory equipment.
- Ensures that GMP, Quality, Healthy & Safety are considered in all aspects of role.
- Perform other duties as directed by QC Specialist or QC manager.
- Routine testing of raw material, bulk batch, packaging and stability samples.
- Authority to notify Operations in manufacturing or filling processes if a problem affecting the quality of the product has been discovered.
- Authority to initiate investigations in quality related issues.
- Authority to quarantine bulk or finished products if the need arises.
- Investigate out of specification an out of trend data, and recommend CAPA.
- Participate on cross-functional teams. Comply with all safety procedures and policies.
- Participate in Operational Excellence initiatives and programs.
- Incorporate Lean Sigma/Lean Lab principles into ways of working.
- Flexibility to work extended hours (including weekends) to archive results as needed.
Skills and Requirements:
- Science degree in applicable scientific discipline or equivalent on the job experience.
- Bachelor's Degree and 1-2 years experience.
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please call Sarah Beshara at (+1) 267-477-3355 or upload your resume on our website - www.proclinical.com.
A full job description is available on request.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.