Vice President of Business Development-CMO
Proclinical is recruiting a Vice President to join our Business Development team. In this role, the candidate will report to the Head of Global Business Development based in the UK. The candidate will be focused on leading part of the European team and growing the business within the territory.
Business Development is a key role, and the selected individual will be a member of the European business development leadership team and will provide business development activities for assigned European countries.
Candidates must be able to drive short-term revenue and build long-term relationships. The individual should have a proven track record in sales within the contract research sector serving the pharmaceutical and biotech market and understand the requirements of drug discovery and development. They should have the ability to manage and fully integrate with Operations and Marketing and follow-up to expand relationships and business opportunities. Candidates should have proven ability to identify and develop sales leads, professionally present capabilities and manage the sales process. The successful candidate will also have proven experience in managing teams.
Skills and Requirements
- Minimum BSc, PhD preferable, in a Life Sciences discipline
- Preference for 3-5 years technical experience in a pharmaceutical or biotech company and at least 5 years proven successful sales experience
- Demonstrated sales ability coupled with rigorous sales planning and ability to execute an agreed sales strategy
- An understanding of the drug discovery and development pathway
- Ability to assess client needs and craft recommendations through effective written and oral presentations
- Superior and demonstrated account management and successful track-record in selling to life science clients
- Analytical skills ability to read, analyse, and interpret data and produce reports and documents to support sales arguments.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical and medical device companies.