Supply Chain Engineer
This vacancy has now expired. Please see similar roles below...
Proclinical are recruiting for a Supply Chain Engineer to join a healthcare sector. This role is on a permanent basis and is located in New York.
- Handle project teams towards the execution of novel supply chain solutions.
- Preserve documentation affiliated with all data modelling/procedures.
- Offer aid on multiple quantitative and statistical analysis that utilise both east to adopt spreadsheet and database applications to make business suggestions.
- Contribute to projects as a team member and team leader of interdivisional project teams.
- You will keep divisional members and management apprised of trends in the industry.
- Responsible for designing, developing and using mathematical decision-assistance models of the company's supply chain procedures and systems using a combination of home-grown and off-the-shelf software tools.
- Perform quantitative analysis to optimise the company's inventory utilization and offer decision aid.
- Other duties may be assigned to this role.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Educated to a degree level in an engineering, operations research or similar field.
- Able to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Demonstrable experience in inventory or supply chain management setting, ideally in a discrete manufacturing setting, which involves exposure to inventory theory, predicting strategies, advanced supply chain ideas such as JIT/pull-based replenishment, collaborative forecasting and planning, etc.
- Computer literacy in MS Office applications as well as others such as SQL, VBA and Microsoft Power BI and data warehousing.
- An APICS certification would be advantageous.
- Familiarity with forming and implementing mathematical modelling practices such as optimisation, simulation, statistical analysis, etc.
- Previous involvement with constant process improvement practices such as Lean, Six-Sigma, etc.
- Acquaintance with commercial software packages for optimisation, simulation and statistical analysis such as CPLEX, LINDO, Arena, Extend, SAS, Minitab, etc would be ideal.
- Prior involvement with materials management.
- Interpersonal and communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Works well both as a team as well as independently.
- An analytical rigor individual with a sense of curiosity.
- A high attention to detail.
- Both business and technologically savvy.
- An organised individual.
- Willing to travel for business needs up to 10% of the time.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Ed Little at +44 203 148 8353.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.