Senior Supply Chain Specialist
Proclinical is seeking a Senior Supply Chain Specialist for a leading pharmaceutical company located in Oceanside, CA.
*Important for candidate: looking for a strong candidate that has planning experience for either maintenance or production*
Must be eligible to work in the US.
- Understanding capacity planning / detailed scheduling processes, asset / resource management (scheduling time on assets / job plans / BOMs), schedule level loading in ERP systems (Maximo / Oracle preferred, SAP and other systems.
- Participate and/or lead scheduling forums as required, perform and support activities as listed in essential duties and job function requirements.
- Prepare preventative maintenance plans and schedules that are in sync with the organization's maintenance goals.
- Coordinate planned downtimes to reduce mean time between failures and minimize interference with production schedules.
- Participates in cross-functional teams.
- Works on non-routine problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of identifiable factors.
- With guidance exercises independent judgment in developing methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Inputs, maintains, and adjusts records or transactions to ensure system validity.
- May provide training and guidance to other Supply Chain personnel.
- Provides input to more senior team members on planning and forecasting.
- Compiles and analyzes non-routine information or data to support Supply Chain activities - e.g. inventory levels, , inventory positioning, material deliveries, planned master production schedule. Prepares reports as requested and required.
- Participates in the planning and controls of materials and finished goods to demand. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to assist with decision-making.
- Performs non-routine activities relating to changes affecting inventory levels, e.g. shipments, purchases, movement of stock. Performs necessary transactions and records in system to reflect changes.
- Establishes working relationships with appropriate external or cross-functional contacts. Negotiates and monitors levels of service or performance provided, communicates areas of concern to resolve issues.
- Generates and reviews documents such as work orders, contracts, purchase orders, material transfer requests, or shipping documentation.
- Uses approved methods to make minor decisions in line with company goals and objectives, e.g. transfer or delivery of inventory, production and purchasing schedules.
- Tracks progress with department supervisors, readjusts schedules and communicates changes according to production progress, change orders, manpower requirements, product availability or other conditions impacting timelines.
- Develops and implements programs with suppliers and/or internal cross-functional team members to support continuous improvement.
- Works on assignments that range from routine to moderately non-routine in nature where independent action and initiative are required in resolving problems and developing recommendations.
- Able to recognize deviation from accepted practices.
- Normally receives no instruction on routine work and general instructions on new assignments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Applies working knowledge of manufacturing and production operations and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) on a daily basis.
- Demonstrates intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Able to develop solutions to non-routine problems.
Skills and Requirements:
- 4+ years of relevant experience in related field and a BS or BA or 2+ years of relevant experience and a MA/MBA/MS.
- Experience and proficient with enterprise systems, Oracle, SAP, Maximo preferred.
- Experience and knowledge with maintenance and production scheduling desired.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to create written communication that is properly structured providing clear and concise messages.
- Strong analytical and problem skills preferred.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Mike Raletz at +(1) 267-428-7770 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.