Senior Screening Scientist
Two powerhouse pharmaceutical organisations have joined forced to forge a world leading centre in Cambridge, and they are looking for an experienced Senior Screening Scientist to work in this exciting and vibrant environment. This is a unique opportunity to gain exposure from both companies.
- Lab-based scientists responsible for the delivery of pooled screening.
- Working independently and creatively to design, develop and implement experimental plans
- To implement experimental plans over agreed timelines such that the objectives of the project are met.
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature
- To contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made.
- As a senior scientist you will lead aspects of scientific discipline within the team
- To achieve personal scientific visibility through project contributions and internal presentations at department or functional meetings.
- External scientific visibility through poster and oral conference presentations and authorship on peer-reviewed publications.
- To ensure compliance with local safety, health and environment policies
Skills and Requirements
- PhD in Cell Biology or relevant discipline, or BSc with significant industry experience.
- Experience in cell and molecular biology techniques, including cell culture, lentivirus, NGS library prep, gene cloning).
- Background in oncology with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build relationships and work well in a team.
- Demonstrable commitment, enthusiasm and a passion for self-improvement and learning
- Track record of impactful contributions to scientific research
- Proven ability to drive innovative research through internalisation of new techniques and technologies
Please click on the Apply button. Please include a short note outlining why you are interested in the role and why you think you are suitable.
In case you have difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Jenni Woolley on 02039670935 or upload your CV on our website - www.proclinical.com/send-cv
A full job description is available on request.