Senior Scientist - Vaccine Technology
Proclinical is currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist for a leading biotechnology company located in Emeryville, CA. As the Senior Scientist, you will contribute to the development of the next generation of the company's adenovirus vaccine vectors for use in their clinical programs.
- To assess the current performance of the company's viral vectors and to evaluate options for enhanced performance in the face of anti-vector immunity
- Evaluate novel viral vectors for in vivo performance
- Optimize vector characterization assays and develop novel vaccine antigen specific assays
- Generate data to support new clinical targets
- Transfer new vaccine vaccines and assays to the manufacturing and analytical teams
Skills and Requirements:
- Master's degree (or equivalent) or Ph.D., preferably with experience in virology or with viral vectors in relevant areas such as vaccine development, gene therapy or infectious diseases.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience and a history of working with cross functional teams
- Experience with adenovirus and adenoviral vectors is preferable, though experience with AAV, lentivirus or other vector systems is acceptable.
- Strong experience in virus-based assays and in molecular biology techniques necessary for vector generation and virus characterization
- Hands on experience in DNA & RNA manipulation including cloning, PCR, qPCR, RT-qPCR and sequence analysis (Snapgene, Geneious or similar software)
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Able to work effectively in a fast-paced, small start-up company environment.
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and able to function independently as well as part of a team.
If you are having difficulty in applying or if you have any questions, please contact Sofia Amark at (+1) 646-367-2764 or email@example.com.
Proclinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.
Proclinical Staffing is an equal opportunity employer.